Saints showing live in Australia (2nd week in a row) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hello all,
This week's game v. 49ers will be the second week in a row we have seen the Saints live on Fox Sports in Australia (great news for Saints fans in Oz) !
When I say live, I am talking 4am Monday 4/12 Brisbane Australia time (yawn !!).
Worth getting up that early though....last week I watched Manchester United (the mighty Red Devils) play Chelsea in the English Premier League at 2am, then watched the Saints v. Atlanta's running back Michael Vick.....oops....sorry....QB (lol).
Not much sleep but very enjoyable.
Here's hoping for a win over San Fran.
Take care,
MD

Woohoo! I checked earlier in the week but they had another game listed.
Another Saints game to watch... man that's sweet. And then the next week vs the Cowboys is a Sunday nighter so it will be televised here also. THREE CRITICAL SAINTS GAMES IN A ROW ON TV IN AUSTRALIA! I feel like I've won the lottery. Yay!

Fantastico. Just checked myself - Saints are on Fox and that's two weeks in a row. We're getting spoiled here.

Yep, it's amazing what a few wins will do. It's also amazing how many Saints fans there are in Australia. Until a couple of years ago I was sure every NFL fan in Oz was either a 49'ers, Cowboys or Steelers fan. I'm discovering Saints fans every other week this year.

Too bad, there aren;t more American Football fans in South Africa,.. I a stuck with DS TV limited slection of sports.

I wish ESPN would show the games on Sunday Afternoon when the local market doesn;t show them.

Is it true that if the SAINTS offense is running left to right, looking at the tv, here in the states, that in Aus they are running right to left? We've always been told that things in Aus are opposite than the states. If so, does that mean if Duece gains 10 yards on a run that in Aus he loses 10 yards? I get so confused!!!!!
:confused: :D

No, that's cyclones and hurricanes, and the way the water swirls down the plughole. Relax, kajunman. But if you want to get confused, we're at least 20 hours in front of you so we see the Sunday midday game in the early hours of Monday morning. Monday Night Football on ESPN for us is actually Tuesday Morning Football. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?

No, that's cyclones and hurricanes, and the way the water swirls down the plughole. Relax, kajunman. But if you want to get confused, we're at least 20 hours in front of you so we see the Sunday midday game in the early hours of Monday morning. Monday Night Football on ESPN for us is actually Tuesday Morning Football. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?

Games starting at lunchtime on Friday works out well though. Live cricket and football was a good enough reason to knock off early today.

Thanks Beagle, I thought I was going to have to make some serious changes to my 'stats'. :ezbill:

I knew I shouldnt have cancelled my pay TV after the NRL season. Damn.........

When I was over there for my honeymoon we got to watch the Saints v. Atl from the hotel in Adie. Quite glorious, especially since we got to see my brother in law in the crowd!

Hey kajunmanbr......you might be on to something there !
No concrete evidence that things are in reverse down under, but there are signs that things may be changing....after all, the saints did CATCH a Hail Mary against the Falcons last week (brings back some unpleasant memories in reverse) !!

This is actually a pretty cool thread.

Shame I am not in Australia at the moment, damn working in Japan. Though am still not sure my area gets fox. Though without AFL next year, FOX might be in trouble down south.

Today in the States is tomorrow in Aussie
Today in Aussie is yesterday in the States

Confused :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom