Saints Showing The NFC Whats Up (1 Viewer)

Playmaker0017

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Consider me incredibly impressed. SP has always been a wonderful offensive mind, but his improvement and attention on the defensive side of the ball has made him the clear #2 head coach in the NFL. And Carmichael may just be the best OC who isn’t moonlighting as a HC.

Im jealous...I admit it. Winning without Kamara & Brees and doing so with ease puts SP on a level only Belichick currently occupies. When the sum of the parts is greater than individual units, you’ve got a dangerous football team. The Saints personify synergy in 2019. Again, I’m jealous...lol

And Thomas once again catching 80% of the balls thrown his way proves he is elite and closing in on Julio Jones. Since 1980, only John Taylor has cut close to 80% of the balls thrown his way… And he did so in a single season. Thomas is averaging that over the last three years and it’s nothing short of spectacular.

carmichael as Falcons HC sure would be interesting

Last edited:
Kudos for showing up here after the way our seasons each started. We have headed in two different directions ever since, well season kickoff lol

There is a possibility you are right about Carmichael. The problem I think most teams have had is there is no way to know. First, Sean is just to hands on with the offense so it is impossible to tease apart and grade what Pete is responsible for. Even as Saints fans following this team week in and week out don't really know.

And second, there isn't a good way to grade his intangibles that leaders need to have. Many people can make as good a lieutenant as you will ever find but would make horrible generals. There are scores of examples in the league and I personally remember them going all the way back to Buddy Ryan. And there are a ton of coordinators right now doing great jobs that have made the jump to HC only to bounce back to what they do best after washing out in a couple of years.

I think if anyone had been able to gather enough info in interviews about which type of guy Pete is, he would already be a HC.

Anyway, don't let any teasing get to you too much. Its good to have a respectful ATL fan around. "They do exist"

Image result for they do exist

Whatever symbiotic relationship Payton and Carmichael have is a thing of beauty. They work extremely well together and however the offense is built they do a great job. I’ve always felt, right or wrong, Pete and his team looks at what works against a team, and designs the basic gameplan of what works against teams. Payton then puts it together to call. While he’s doing that Pete is in tune completely with what is working with the offense preparing the second half offense tweaks that create a much more unstoppable offense in the second half of games. So, while Payton calls a great game, Pete is setting him up for succeed in every way.

Whoever Allen has doing the same thing with the defense designing the second half adjustments is doing an excellent job also. This team, this year is a perfect example of how coaching, good coaching, means so much. This isn’t the Williams or Ryan version of coaching. This is the smart version of finding exactly what works, when it works and perfectly executing it.

Whatever symbiotic relationship Payton and Carmichael have is a thing of beauty. They work extremely well together and however the offense is built they do a great job. I’ve always felt, right or wrong, Pete and his team looks at what works against a team, and designs the basic gameplan of what works against teams. Payton then puts it together to call. While he’s doing that Pete is in tune completely with what is working with the offense preparing the second half offense tweaks that create a much more unstoppable offense in the second half of games. So, while Payton calls a great game, Pete is setting him up for succeed in every way.

Whoever Allen has doing the same thing with the defense designing the second half adjustments is doing an excellent job also. This team, this year is a perfect example of how coaching, good coaching, means so much. This isn’t the Williams or Ryan version of coaching. This is the smart version of finding exactly what works, when it works and perfectly executing it.

Very solid insight. Appreciate it

If you were a team like the Falcons, would you take a risk on Carmichael as head coach?

Very solid insight. Appreciate it

If you were a team like the Falcons, would you take a risk on Carmichael as head coach?

No. He is terrible, and his players hate him. He literally will rip the fabric of your team completely apart and set your franchise back 10 years. The Falcons should look elsewhere unless you want your team to end up in San Antonio in a few years due to the Carmichael-led implosion.

No. He is terrible, and his players hate him. He literally will rip the fabric of your team completely apart and set your franchise back 10 years. The Falcons should look elsewhere unless you want your team to end up in San Antonio in a few years due to the Carmichael-led implosion.

Lol....I’ll pass the word along to my guys at FB

I always got the feeling Carmichael is a #2. The most important quality in a HC, in my opinion, is the ability to stand in front of the team and command their respect before a word comes out of your mouth. He doesn't strike me as that type of guy....which isn't meant to be a dig, I think there's legitimately only 10 or so of those guys in the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom