Saints Sign 15 to Futures Contracts - Including Blake Bortles, Kevin White, and Easop Winston (1 Viewer)

Cohl Cabral? Sounds like a Cobra name from G.I. Joe.

It looks like SP is bound and determined to make this Kevin White thing happen. I don't blame him. White has everything you could ever hope for when it comes to a WR. Except the ability to catch a football and stay healthy.
Right now it doesn't cost anything for a team to sign players to futures contacts. It is nothing but a free flyer to get another look at a guy that MIGHT have a SLIGHT chance to make the pre-seaon roster.

Cohl Cabral? Sounds like a Cobra name from G.I. Joe.

It looks like SP is bound and determined to make this Kevin White thing happen. I don't blame him. White has everything you could ever hope for when it comes to a WR. Except the ability to catch a football and stay healthy.
But is the catching thing really that important for an NFL WR?

That Cyril Grayson guy in Tampa learned how to catch and is now Brady's deep ball threat
Too bad we never thought of bringing him into camp.....oh wait....

He was a deep threat and at the time, we were having a tough time connecting on the long ball.
Sucks....He would be a huge addition on this team right now.

Go Blake!

I guess Bortles showed enough in his limited time to earn another look, and it looks like Kevin White will be around a bit longer, too. It's interesting that these two guys were signed to futures contracts since they're not exactly young up-and-comers. The Saints must see something they like with these guys and feel as though other teams would be interested in them to lock them up going into the offseason.

I would guess that they are keeping Bortles around because it isn't clear when Hill will be back from his injury and Siemian and Winston are free agents. Bortles has at least has some time to learn the playbook. They may see him as a possible backup if Hill isn't back from injury, Siemian moves on, and Book doesn't take a big leap. Or he's just depth and a guy that can eat up some throws in OTAs and rookie mini camp.

It's too bad he can't catch or he would be dangerous. He needs to have a Devery Henderson type turn around and he could be a tool for us.

I think Devery Henderson is the "vision" that Payton has for White. Maybe he can do it and maybe he can't, but he's cheap and presumably not an issue in the locker room so it's a no risk signing.

I think Devery Henderson is the "vision" that Payton has for White. Maybe he can do it and maybe he can't, but he's cheap and presumably not an issue in the locker room so it's a no risk signing.
White is a guy I’m rooting very hard for because he brings lots of things the we desperately need to the table at a position of need AND at the right price.

CGM at the #1 with Callaway at the #2 with Harris & White rotating in based on plays and packages sounds really good and cost effective, IF White can progress.

White is a guy I’m rooting very hard for because he brings lots of things the we desperately need to the table at a position of need AND at the right price.

CGM at the #1 with Callaway at the #2 with Harris & White rotating in based on plays and packages sounds really good and cost effective, IF White can progress.

I agree, but I would really like to draft a stud young WR to sit in that #2 spot and move Callaway down to #3. Then you can use Harris and White to do their specific roles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom