Saints Sign 15 to Futures Contracts - Including Blake Bortles, Kevin White, and Easop Winston (1 Viewer)

2016 - 2021. 26 receptions, 323 receiving yards.

I don't have a reason to dislike the guy, I do wonder how he's gotten so many chances though.

2016 - 2021. 26 receptions, 323 receiving yards.

I don't have a reason to dislike the guy, I do wonder how he's gotten so many chances though.
He’s gotten chances because there are only so many humans on earth who run a 4.35 at 6’2”+ and can run a route tree (and catch a football….).

Seriously, look up White’s combine numbers against Julio Jones’s. Jones is the tiniest hair better across the board, but that type of physical ability doesn’t just grow on trees. Again, it’s why I’m rooting so hard for him.

Heck, I’d argue there isn’t a greater low cost/high payoff possibility player in the entire NFL. Considering his ability, Payton’s play calling, and Winston’s deep ball.

Man, Kevin White sure can get open. It's pretty amazing.
Kevin White earns his money on ST, while he works on his concentration skills as a WR. I think Kevin White should have been turned into a DB earlier in his college career. Because he is tough and runs like a scaled dog on the field.

Should also be noted we signed these other guys in the 1st wave, the day before:
(I did not see a thread on it)

Saints signed WR Easop Winston to a reserve/future contract.​

The Saints also signed WR Kawaan Baker, LB Sharif Finch, OT Jerald Hawkins, DT Braxton Hoyett, DB Dylan Mabin, DB Jordan Miller, and DB KeiVarae Russell to reserve/future contracts. With Deonte Harris suspended, Winston took over punt returning duties for the Saints late in the year. He returned 10 kicks for 119 yards while adding a single catch for five yards.
Don't sleep on Easop, he is plenty good enough to carry on game day. He is very versatile, he can carry the punt and kick off duties with little or no drop off from Harris. And like Harris he is a WR that can return kicks, not a KR who can play WR. Every QB Easop played with in camp and pre season, made good use of him, and he rarely dropped anything. He is an Ian Book favorite. I think Sean will perhaps carry Easop on ST, and work him in on WR slowly. He has been pretty solid so far.

Don't sleep on Easop, he is plenty good enough to carry on game day. He is very versatile, he can carry the punt and kick off duties with little or no drop off from Harris. And like Harris he is a WR that can return kicks, not a KR who can play WR. Every QB Easop played with in camp and pre season, made good use of him, and he rarely dropped anything. He is an Ian Book favorite. I think Sean will perhaps carry Easop on ST, and work him in on WR slowly. He has been pretty solid so far.

Easop is a guy to watch for sure. He's out of Washington St. under Leach so he's got plenty of experience catching the ball. He has huge hands at 10.75" and improved his 40 time before the draft in 2020 by .3 decreasing it from 4.72 to 4.42 by learning how to run and training at a speed academy. I've posted that article numerous times.

What if Bortles realizes his full potential with Sean coaching him up... Wouldn't that be a cheap great option.
Bortles has slowly got better with age, as a lot of QB's do. He was terrible when he was young, so he had a long way to go. His ceiling is "good, solid backup".

It's a shame Siemian can't develop pocket skills and his accuracy, grit, and smarts just go to waste.

Amen! Easop I thought looked really, really solid returning kicks, which should buy him plenty of leeway to continue to develop as a pro WR. Having a couple of guys who can make plays in the return game while contributing elsewhere is super valuable (especially if it keeps us from having to put Kamara out there fielding punts.) I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing how he looks in camp next year and in the preseason.

Cohl Cabral? Sounds like a Cobra name from G.I. Joe.

It looks like SP is bound and determined to make this Kevin White thing happen. I don't blame him. White has everything you could ever hope for when it comes to a WR. Except the ability to catch a football and stay healthy.

He hasn't been hurt in several years and he hasn't had enough passes thrown his way to say he can't catch the ball.

I am still pulling for him, but all that said, he's nearing 30 and time is running out. I had high hopes this season, but even being in the organization for an entire regular season, without MT and often with a depleted WR corps, he didn't do much. I see some here think a full off season will help. Hopefully that proves true. White realizing his draft day potential would make a great story in 2022.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom