Saints sign 6’8 Chargers OT Storm Norton to one year deal (OL depth) (1yr/$1.01M) (1 Viewer)

This is just a depth signing. I highly doubt they’re pinning their hopes up on this guy turning it around. It’s good to have vet lineman as backups.
That’s all I can think of for this guy too. Goaline.
The Saints like extra big G on their OL.
I have a feeling he will be moved inside.
has to be, because even in the picture he looks like he’s getting beat ? Am I right? Maybe to block Fgs Too. Maybe he’s our newest TE project, could you imagine? I need to know.

Remember Brian de la Puente? 2011ish? Journeyman center that bounced around the league. He didn't have a market either. But the Saints signed him, and he became the starting center for a few years and made the pro bowl. That's why. Kicking the tires never hurts.
I´m not disputing that you can find contributors that aren´t on anyone's radar, I´m just questioning the timing of the signing. But someone else cleared up that he probably won´t count against the comp picks (let´s hope, I´ve giving up on trying to understand the formula they use).

Last edited:
I´m not disputing that you can find contributors that aren´t on anyone's radar, I´m just questioning the timing of the signing. But someone else cleared up that he probably won´t count against the comp picks (let´s hope, I´ve giving up on trying to understand the formula they use).

Norton was a RFA so he won’t be counting against comp picks. For UFA signings to impact comp. picks, I believe the contract’s average per year has to be 2.5-3M or more.

So the Storm is moving from LA to LA. Hope it's more than just puff of wind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom