Saints sign Brunell... (1 Viewer)

LOL, I wonder if kcirdor was kidding a bit.

"On December 9 2007 in a home game against the Vikings, Dilfer, whilst diving admirably for a 1st down on 4th and 2 suffered a head injury resulting in a concussion that took him out of the game.

On March 13, 2007, the 49ers released Dilfer. He is expected to retire and go into broadcasting"

I didn't want Green and I don't want Dilfer.

MB will do just fine.

ddd

aye, was correlating the thread about dilfer getting cut.

Good signing. He's a really good football mind as well - someone that Payton and Brees can bounce ideas off - I really like getting a solid veteran who's past their prime, but really understands the game and can come in and manage when called upon. Very happy with this news.

Someone please educate me on why Brunell is better than Martin? I just read his wikipedia page... I started NFL watching seriously only in 2005. Thanks

Brunell has started half his career and has always been considered a prized back up, when backing up- because of his experience.

Martin has been a career back up with very few starts.

Excellent clipboard holder. Lefty I believe. Here's to hoping we never see him play.

Excellent clipboard holder. Lefty I believe. Here's to hoping we never see him play.

Probably my least favorite signing this off season. I hope the front office did their due diligence on this one. I imagine they did.

Someone please educate me on why Brunell is better than Martin? I just read his wikipedia page... I started NFL watching seriously only in 2005. Thanks

Brunell has much more experience than Martin and is more suited for our style of offense. Brunell also seems to be more of a vocal leader than Martin would be.

Mark Brunell is better IMHO than Green or Dillfer. With both Palko and Brunell being lefties you have to wonder if he is being brought in to mentor Palko just in case (GOD Forbi) something happens to Brees and we need a back up to step up.

On a persoanl note when he played in JAX I was living out there and he and his wife/girlfriend would frequent my work (car wash at the time). He is a very generous man ( always tipped GREAT no matter what) and down to earth. He was ALWAY helping out around the community. From rebuilding old schools to reading with kids, volunteering his time to work with highschool athletes ect. I would not be suprised to see him do the same here.

WELCOME to the SAINTS

Since he's a lefty maybe being able to show Palko a thing or two enters into it?

Probably my least favorite signing this off season. I hope the front office did their due diligence on this one. I imagine they did.

I'm still not crazy about signing Dan Morgan due to injury history and the fact he's coming off a major injury. But it is low risk, high reward so I can live with it. I'd take odds that Morgan won't make it out of TC without a serious injury.

Brunell is a slight improvement over Jamie Martin. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed the only time we see him play will be in the preseason.....

Who else is out there you would've rather signed?

You got me there. I don't know the status of Quinn Gray (did someone sign him?) but he was my favorite of availables. I'm not down on the Brunell signing, just not sure he can still play, judging from his last few games at Washington. I can only assume he can because our f.o. thinks so and because there was interest from the Packers and Falcons.

I reread my own post because this aggrivated me after thinking about it.

""On December 9 2007 in a home game against the Vikings, Dilfer, whilst diving admirably for a 1st down on 4th and 2 suffered a head injury resulting in a concussion that took him out of the game.

On March 13, 2007, the 49ers released Dilfer. He is expected to retire and go into broadcasting"

Anybody see the problem.

He was injured on Dec 9 07 and released on March 13, 07.

Released 9 months before the injury?

Searched here:

"Thurs., March. 13, 2008
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -The San Francisco 49ers terminated quarterback Trent Dilfer's contract Thursday, possibly signaling the end of the 14-year veteran's career."

Why is Brunell better than Martin? If you can block the D, Brunell can hit the target. Not slamming Martin, I like him, but MB is very accurate if he has time.

ddd

ddd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom