Saints sign BW Webb (1 Viewer)

I wonder who we will release. I hope that it's one of our fifty running backs.

Negative.

Crawleys preseason was littered with missed tackles, questionable awareness, and a lot of receptions in front of him ala Corey White. week 1 looked the same.

Sterling Moore will start and Harris remain at NB and Crawley will go back to developing as he should be.

If the object is to win games Crawley should not be a starting DB if u can help it

All of this. That dude is living off SUPPOSEDLY looking good at practice in camp. I haven't seen anything from in any game situations to say he belongs. Harris on the other hand...

If the intention was to bring back Finnegan after week 1, I doubt they'd let Crawley take his #21.

It's a shame though because the combo of Finnegan-Moore sounds pretty good right about now, sad to say.

Well I called this. A report came out that Finnegan might be done with football. He might be retiring for good. Once I read that I figured we would go with Bw Webb... Saints worked him out and liked his workout.

"B.W. Webb’s lone career interception came against the #Saints last season."

Interceptions are not an indication of good corner play. There are guys who have 4 and 5 INTs in a year and get burnt all the time.

This is what not getting better looks like
We just lost arguably our best defensive player for at least 6 weeks. We won't be better no matter who we signed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Finnegan is slow. He's experienced and may indeed provide some benefit in that arena, but he's too slow to start now. Sterling Moore will step in this week and we'll see how that goes, but Finnegan was cut because he's no longer got the speed to play the outside.

Do you have any video to back up what you're saying?

Well Webb has a fantastic 20 yard shuttle. (3.84). He only runs about a 4.5, but with that quickness, he should be very sticky. The only person on the team with a comparable shuttle is Cooks (3.81).

B.W. Webb*|*William & Mary,*CB*:*2013 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Also he leaped 40 1/2", so he can make up for his height a little.

And this may be an Aaron Glenn influenced signing he could see some potential that he believes he can help bring out in the kid.

Is this your assumption?

I read it on one of the best guys tweets. But money talks and if you want to be in the league you do what you have too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the continued signing of players of this caliber that has the Saints 2nd to last in the league in total defense and also the reason we're 0-1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom