Saints sign BW Webb (1 Viewer)

He said there was pretty much no other option than someone who has had what was it? 3 pass deflections and 1 pick in 2-3 years? So I listed players. Everyone in which I've posted is better than Webb. I bet half the people don't even know who he is. Because he is a nobody. At least the people I've listed have had respectable careers. What has Webb ever done? 1 pick and that's it's? So look at his stats in the last 3 years:

3 pass defended, 1 pick.

Now tell me that he was a better choice than the people I listed? Didn't think so. Horrible move, we set ourselves up for failure.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Plus do you expect our FO to have made the right decision when it comes too defense? I know I don't.

Don't be blinded by those particular stats. Sometimes a corner covers well enough that the ball isn't thrown his way. Or he is covering a WR that's low on the progression.

That would be great.

But if the Steelers, Titans and Cowboys couldn't get him on track it's hard to fathom how it will happen here.

The cowboys and titans just aren't that good, and going back Keenan Lewis did nothing his first 3 season and then broke out in year 4 I know it's just hopeful thinking on my part but Webb does have a very good skill set. He has the potential to develop maybe Glenn can get him on track. At least he can't be any worse than Browner was last year.

The signing of BW Webb suggest we are at least heavily into analytics or we at least use them as far as prospects are concerned.

The year he came out he was considered one of the better CB's but more of a sleeper but his scores suggested he'd at least be good. Thus the reason for selecting him in the 4th. He had Davis Tull like athleticism minus a few lbs and a couple of inches

B.W. Webb Draft Profile

The signing of BW Webb suggest we are at least heavily into analytics or we at least use them as far as prospects are concerned.

The year he came out he was considered one of the better CB's but more of a sleeper but his scores suggested he'd at least be good. Thus the reason for selecting him in the 4th. He had Davis Tull like athleticism minus a few lbs and a couple of inches

B.W. Webb Draft Profile

I'll take it if he can be coached up. That profile is promising.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Wiry strong corner with a tenacious attitude. Aware zone corner, keeps his eyes in the backfield and reacts quickly to throws in his area. Athleticism jumps off the tape. Excellent ball skills. Displays the strong hands for interception. Impressive vertical jump to play the ball in the air and high-point passes. Has foot quickness to stay with his man after a cut. Explosive closing burst and click-and-close ability. Excellent recovery speed. Good length to wrap up receivers after the catch on quick screens. Willing tackler in the open field.

WEAKNESSES Average height for the position, and is thin in the hips. Plays a lot of zone and off coverage, lacks experience in backpedal. Seemingly does very little pattern-reading; focuses on the backfield and gets caught ball watching. Press coverage needs a lot of work – doesn’t shoot his hands and gets on his heels quickly. Also must show scouts he can find the ball in man coverage. Has played most of his games against a lower level of competition. Doesn’t like to fight through blocks and screens.

NFL COMPARISON Adam Jones

BOTTOM LINE Webb has been a star since picking off Virginia three times in the Tribe’s 2009 opening-weekend shocker. The four-year starter has the hands and cover skills (if average size) to be one of the top “small school” prospects in the draft. He projects as at least a reliable nickel back on defense and a regular contributor on special teams -– and possibly more (he has the athleticism and cover skills to play outside), much like recent third-round picks from smaller schools Dwight Bentley (Louisiana-Lafayette) and Lardarius Webb (Nicholls State). After showing he can hold his own at the Senior Bowl, and if he performs well at the combine, his stock could skyrocket to the third round or higher

This is embarrassing.

Cortez Allen, Alan Ball, Finnegan, Chris Cook, McBride availabile and we choose some nobody?

We definitely have an eye for talent don't we.

False.

Cortez Allen - 27 years old, I refuse to believe he isn't better than what we have

Cortland Finnegan - nothing needs to be said, shouldn't of been released and today proved it

Alan Ball - worth bringing in for a look at least

Trumaine Mcbride - had a pick 6 against us last year, could be good

Keenan Lewis - I'd take him back if he's healthy

Dee Milliner - Didn't work out in NY but could give him a shot here and see what happens, former 1st Round Pick

Brandon Harris - Former 2nd Round Pick, just 26 years old who could add some decent depth

Chris Cook - Well worth a look

Cortez Allen got a big contract and since then his quality of play us been on par with Brandon Browner.

Finnegan retired shortly after being cut and other then his one sack looked bad in preseason.

Alan Ball is 31 and his play fell off a cliff last season he's probably done.

Trumainr McBride is 31 and strictly a slot corner at this point which is what we don't need.

Keenan Lewis hasn't been healthy in almost 2 years and just had anotheer surgery on his hip

Dee Miliner was placed on IR after clearing waivers he can't stay healthy

Brandon Harris has been a complete bust and shown no improvement after 5 seasons so doubtful a 6th will be any better.

Chris Cook the only notable thing in his career was the felony charges from choking his girlfriend in 2011 been in the league since 2010 and has 0 interceptions.

Cortez Allen got a big contract and since then his quality of play us been on par with Brandon Browner.

Finnegan retired shortly after being cut and other then his one sack looked bad in preseason.

Trumainr McBride is 31 and strictly a slot corner at this point which is what we don't need.

Keenan Lewis hasn't been healthy in almost 2 years and just had anotheer surgery on his hip

Brandon Harris has been a complete bust and shown no improvement after 5 seasons so doubtful a 6th will be any better.

Chris Cook the only notable thing in his career was the felony charges from choking his girlfriend in 2011 been in the league since 2010 and has 0 interceptions.

A Ble Ble Ble.....Thats all Folks

Since we are posting facts, here's a couple...

Webb - 1 interception and 3 pass defended in 3 years :mwink:

Since we are posting facts, here's a couple...

Webb - 1 interception and 3 pass defended in 3 years :mwink:

I posted that on the first page and I know he isn't a great option but no one you listed is a better option either.

What I'm trying to figure out is your thinking that a guy who's retired, one who is on IR with a torn hamstring and one who just had another hip surgery is even an option at all.......:jpshakehead::idunno:

Doesn't matter who we bring in at corner... we still need a pass rush.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised after the Giants game. Eli is a statue in the pocket and this will allow our guys to pin their ears back. I expect to see more 4-3 with Gwachum active in this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really dont see why you aren't a GM somewhere making millions of dollars. You are obviously a better talent evaluator than the 32 teams currently in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a low blow and uncalled for. If this forum isn't a place for fans to post their opinions and thoughts, there wouldn't be much traffic would there?

The man has an opinion and he posted it, lighten up Francis.:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom