Saints sign DL Isaako Aaitui (1 Viewer)

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Saints">#Saints</a> have agreed to terms with DT Isaako Aaitui on a 2-year contract</p>&mdash; New Orleans Saints (@Saints) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saints/status/335152744593768448">May 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Undrafted out of UNLV in 2011, Aaitui had a strong preseason, registering four tackles and a sack. He spent camp with new Jets OC Tony Sparano in Miami last season. Aaitui will provide depth behind Sione Pouha and Kenrick Ellis after Gang Green cut Martin Tevaseu
Recent news on Isaako Aaitui - New York Jets - Rotoworld.com

Isaako Aaitui*|*UNLV,*DT*:*2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Positives: "Big-bodied interior lineman who flashes skill but shows minimal consistency. Quick off the snap, fights throughout the action, and is tough to move off the point. Built low to the ground and keeps his feet moving up the field. Changes direction well."

Negatives: "Gets tall as the play proceeds, makes himself an easy target, and can be controlled by a single blocker. Must improve the use of his hands. Marginal instincts and slow locating the ball. Minimally productive in college."

Analysis: Aaitui looked like a top prospect in the making after sophomore season but never improved his game. He has the skills necessary to be used on the inside of a four-man line but must take every aspect of his game to another level.

Read More: Isaako Aaitui - 2011 Draft Tracker - SI.com

New Orleans Saints Agree To Terms With DT Isaako Aaitui

New York Jets' Isaako Aaitui a Sad Story Prior to NFL Week 1

By Adam Waksman
(Featured Columnist) on September 7, 2012

It was reported Wednesday via Ben Volin of The Palm Beach Post that backup nose tackle Isaako Aaitui had been waived from the New York Jets after tearing his ACL and MCL in his first practice with the team.
Aaitui was picked up after being cut by the Miami Dolphins and in the wake of news that star nose tackle Sione Pouha might not be fully healthy for Week 1.
Aaitui&#8212;now 25 years old&#8212;has not yet played a down in the NFL. However, the pickup was a reasonable one for a Jets front office that wanted some depth at nose tackle. The nose tackle is crucial to the 3-4 base the Jets often use.

Full Story: New York Jets' Isaako Aaitui a Sad Story Prior to NFL Week 1 | Bleacher Report

UFA signed by the Dolphins in 2011. Claimed off waivers by the Jets last September, waived again 3 days later. He has never played a single down in the NFL.

He does have an awesome name with a 3:1 vowel to consonant ratio, though.

Wow!!! He's Huge, 2 year deal maybe he is ready to go......could be a good pick-up for the LOW LOW

I find it strange that no corresponding roster move was announced, though the team can do so tomorrow. Perhaps he's still rehabbing and will go on a reserve list and be ready later.

I know that in 95 out of a 100 cases, this is true. I just find it disrespectful to the player and his family to call someone a camp body. I don't intend for this to be politically correct in any way. I've just never liked it. JMO

:rolleyes: It's NFL football, not PeeWee. No problem with calling a spade a spade. Hope he proves me wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom