Saints sign Emmanuel Sanders! [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Belfast Saint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I think that's a bit over blown, maybe 20 years ago 33 was old, but with modern training he's youthful. Didn't he have one of the fastest return rates after the achilles tear ?
"It's a 'little' worrying" then.

33 is old for a receiver, in general. Just like 40 is old for a QB. Everyone is different though and, as I thought I pointed out, he Sanders looks very sprightly for a 33 year old.

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
I’d bet 💵 -to- 🍩 🍩 that the Saints select a WR in the first 3 rounds. Brandon Aiyuk would be a great fit with CGM and Sanders... Jefferson too. Shenault and Tyler Johnson would also be great fits.

I also still really really want Devin Duvernay.

Regardless, another WR is in the cards...

MissippiWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He’d instantly be the 2nd best LB on the team, even at his age. Smart veteran leader. We’re thin at the position, and while we need to draft one, he will provide instant NFL experience and help mentor the younger guys. Would help mitigate the loss of Klein in the short-term. If there’s a better option floating around, I must not have heard.
He's an edge defender. Too small to be a 43 de and can't pass cover well enough to be a 43 lb. Unless we're switching to a 34 i don't see the fit. Sure he could hold up as a situational 43 de like pass rush only, but he'd cost too much for that role and he's been hurt way too much past 7 years.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Yes it did win a championship 11 years ago and the Saints were also the #3 rushing team in the league that season. 11 years in the NFL is an eternity.

It was one of the very few seasons that the Saints ran any semblance of a balanced attack so all the records and the passing yards are great but in the big picture it still doesn't mean squat!!

I read a story a few years ago when Bill Parcells wanted to make Sean Payton his OC and he asked him to draw up 100 plays............ 70% of the plays were pass plays.

Parcells crumbled it up and threw it into a waste basket...................I wonder why he did that.
Great post and I agree, when we have better balance we can contend...I hope SP goes into this season determined to play to the strengths of a very good run blocking line and 2 good to great RB's....

Clay Matthews > AJ Klein
Apples and oranges. Klein plays inside and is the coach on the field (he positions the defense). Matthews plays outside and is basically a stand up pass rusher....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom