Saints sign Emmanuel Sanders! [MERGED] (2 Viewers)

Yes it did win a championship 11 years ago and the Saints were also the #3 rushing team in the league that season. 11 years in the NFL is an eternity.

It was one of the very few seasons that the Saints ran any semblance of a balanced attack so all the records and the passing yards are great but in the big picture it still doesn't mean squat!!

I read a story a few years ago when Bill Parcells wanted to make Sean Payton his OC and he asked him to draw up 100 plays............ 70% of the plays were pass plays.

Parcells crumbled it up and threw it into a waste basket...................I wonder why he did that.

Great post and I agree, when we have better balance we can contend...I hope SP goes into this season determined to play to the strengths of a very good run blocking line and 2 good to great RB's....

Clay Matthews > AJ Klein

Apples and oranges. Klein plays inside and is the coach on the field (he positions the defense). Matthews plays outside and is basically a stand up pass rusher....

Would you give up a 1st round pick for him?

No, not so much because he is not a good impactful player right now....more that he is already almost 30 and there are still questions/uncertainty if he can play QB full time....

I can't believe it! They actually signed the guy we were all wanting. They never do that. Usually they sign some off brand dude we have to talk ourselves into liking. This gives us the best 1-2 combo in the league.

And for the people complaining about how players never choose the Saints when it's down to a handful of teams, well how you like these apples? Sanders picked the Saints over the 49ers, Cowboys, and Packers!

The #2 WR spot has been the most glaring need on this team for the past two years. Better late than never. This is the guy we've been wanting a long time. Of the available WRs Sanders was the best fit for this offense and the perfect compliment to MT. Even though Sanders is older I think he's a much safer signing than Robby Anderson or Breshad Perriman.

Awesome acquisition, we finally have a #2 WR next to Thomas, I just hope that he’s gonna stay healthy !
Now we can focus on something else for the draft, I feel like the main priority now is a LB.

Call it a gut feeling? I try my best to stay middle of the road here on SR... But I believe that Delpit will be our guy at #24/.
I learned a very long time ago that even picking a player position in the draft is foolish, much less an individual player in the first round.

As an LSU fan, I'd be very disappointed in that selection with Jenkins in the fold for at least 2 years and probably 3.

Safety is going the way of the running back in the draft, rarely seeing a first rounder being picked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom