Saints Saints sign FB Michael Burton and re-sign Hardee... (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld...

I have to pat myself on the back here, as I mentioned Burton as an option at FB in guillermo‘s FA Bargains thread.

Michael Burton is a name to remember... he was with the Saints last preseason, and he’s similar to Line... he’s a FA now, after spending last season with the Redskins.

I like the move, as Burton is very similar to Zach Line.

I sense a little sarcasm in this, and I appreciate the amount of time and thought you put into your response.

Hardee is a core STer, and Burton should be able to step right in for Line w/ very little drop-off.
Unless a FB the Saints fall in love with lands in their lap, Burton will be the new Line.
Not flashy, but 2 quality moves IMO

Because it's not flashy your right lol. We did have to replace Line who retired a lot of people forget. I will say this though we have more work to be done, with our cap it may be looking at the draft more though after the Peat signing and Jenkins you aren't go to see anymore big signings though so don't hold your breath, Loomis is good he's not Copperfield and can't magically push back our cap.

I sense a little sarcasm in this, and I appreciate the amount of time and thought you put into your response.

Hardee is a core STer, and Burton should be able to step right in for Line w/ very little drop-off.
Unless a FB the Saints fall in love with lands in their lap, Burton will be the new Line.
Not flashy, but 2 quality moves IMO

Yep. These are moves good teams make to solidify areas most fans would otherwise ignore.

Don't know much about Burton, but if he can block and maybe catch a pass every blue moon, he should do well. Hardee is a key ST player. Good re-sign.

Burton was regarded as a pass catching FB coming out of Rutgers. He’s bounced around a bit, but as a FB, it means something to stay in the league coming out. I don’t think he’s quite the blocker Line was, but Burton is a better receiver.

Per Rotoworld...

I have to pat myself on the back here, as I mentioned Burton as an option at FB in guillermo‘s FA Bargains thread.

I like the move, as Burton is very similar to Zach Line.

Ahh that makes sense. I was wondering why the name sounded familiar.

Good call.

Hopefully Burton can convert those 3rd and 1 situations as well as Line. He was automatic!

• 1Like
Reactions: WxM
Don't know much about Burton, but if he can block and maybe catch a pass every blue moon, he should do well. Hardee is a key ST player. Good re-sign.
Seems as though he is a proficient blocker, or was in the past:
Burton earned Pro Football Focus' No. 6 lead-blocking grade among 38 fullbacks in 2016 after ranking No. 3 among 36 qualifiers the year before.

This is fairly old info (5 yrs now since he was a 5th Rd pick by DET) but he is def an athlete:
Burton (5'11/242) was a lead blocker and special teamer for the Scarlet Knights, racking up 47 career receptions and averaging 5.3 YPC on 22 carries. Burton ran 4.74 with a 33-inch vertical at the Combine. Burton projects as more of an H-back than old-fashioned fullback, but could earn a job covering kicks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom