Saints sign Kicker Billy Cundiff (Merged and merged) (1 Viewer)

Re the stats, Chef, they might be a little more concerned about the trend. Either his legs getting tired, or he's hurt, but the last two weeks the problem has been particularly bad.

I'm not as worried about Carney on long FGs, once you're more than 53 yards out it's a long shot anyway.

What I am worried about is game day rosters. With two PK, a P, Houser, Freddie, Gleason, and Beerman, that's seven of your 45 active players. Do you only activate 5 LBs and sit Fincher or Melton, leaving only one with Clark? Do you sit an extra DB? With Freddy gimpy, is it worth it? Only 2 TEs active? 4WRs plus Beerman? 3 WRs plus Beerman? 7 OL? 7 DL? Where do you cut back?

I think the issue is the last couple of games for Carney. He is not getting the distance he did earlier in the year. Wearing him out? Perhaps. He is 43, but Carney is known around the league as a gym rat who takes care of his body.

I was listening to the Pittsburgh game on the radio when Jim H. and Hokie referred to a Kickoff where Carney was blocked hard on a return. After that his kickoffs suffered dramatically and he missed a FG. Last week wasn't much better. Is he injured? I don't know, not showing up on any injury reports, but could it be affecdting him? Possibly.

Re the stats, Chef, they might be a little more concerned about the trend. Either his legs getting tired, or he's hurt, but the last two weeks the problem has been particularly bad.

I'm not as worried about Carney on long FGs, once you're more than 53 yards out it's a long shot anyway.

What I am worried about is game day rosters. With two PK, a P, Houser, Freddie, Gleason, and Beerman, that's seven of your 45 active players. Do you only activate 5 LBs and sit Fincher or Melton, leaving only one with Clark? Do you sit an extra DB? With Freddy gimpy, is it worth it? Only 2 TEs active? 4WRs plus Beerman? 3 WRs plus Beerman? 7 OL? 7 DL? Where do you cut back?

Great point, Saint J. They have been only having 5, sometimes 4 active LBs. Given the injuries at WR, seems like Beerman has got to get some reps there to make all this possible.

Thank God. Im tired of our kickoffs going to the 25 and then returned for 20 more.

Wait does this mean the other team won't start at the 40 anymore? Goodness gracious.

Carney's kickoffs have been terrible. I was wondering when the coaching staff was going to address it.

As long as nothing happens to Carney and he's only there to kickoff, this is a good addition.

Hopefully, nothing happens to Carney because Cundiff blah from over 40 yards.

I agree about the last couple of weeks. There has been a clear dropoff with the distance on Carney kickoffs. You have to applaud this organization for immediately addressing the issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom