Saints Sign Lewis (1 Viewer)

This guy may have been hired to play nickel. By the way, don't be dissapointed out there, but this may be the biggest splash before draft day. Maybe they can afford a mid range left tackle, but I doubt it.

That's great, but ESPN lists him as the 14th best CB in the FA market this year. I hope they were under-valuing him.

Walter Football lists him as 3rd best CB in FA.

Peter King has him as 2nd best and 8th best prospect overall.

ESPN is way way off.

You guys are slipping.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

What? :highfive:

Saints Sign CB Keenan Lewis To Five-Year Deal
For Immediate Release: March 14, 2013
The New Orleans Saints announced today that they have signed unrestricted free agent CB Keenan Lewis to a five-year contract. The announcement was made by Saints’ Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis.

“We are excited to be able to add a player of Keenan’s ability to our defense,” Loomis said. “He was a top free agent target for us and I know that he is very excited to be able to come home to play football.”

“I’m very excited to be able to come back to my hometown,” Lewis said. “Having grown up here I understand the passion that the fans have for the Saints and I’m blessed to be able to have the chance to play in front of them here in the future. I had a great visit with the Saints and am thankful for the time I spent with the Pittsburgh Steelers and wish them continued success.”

Lewis, 6-0, 208 pounds, is a New Orleans native who prepped at O. Perry Walker High School and broke into the NFL as a third round draft pick (96th overall) in 2009 with the Pittsburgh Steelers where he spent the last four seasons. Lewis played his collegiate football at Oregon State, where he was a four-year starter for the Beavers.

Over the course of his four-year professional career, Lewis has played in 45 career
regular season games, making 17 starts, and has registered 112 tackles (95 solo), one interception return for nine yards, 34 passes defensed and one forced fumble. On special teams he has chipped in 13 tackles and one forced fumble.

Lewis moved into the starting lineup for the first time in 2012, opening all 16 contests for the Steelers at left cornerback and posted 78 tackles (63 solo), an NFL-leading 28 passes defensed and one forced fumble for the NFL’s top-ranked defense both overall and against the pass. He set career-highs in both tackles and passes defensed.

While at Oregon State, Lewis appeared in 50 games with 48 starts and was one of the team’s top playmakers. He recorded career totals of 117 tackles (81 solo), seven interception returns, one for a touchdown, 30 passes defensed, one sack and one forced fumble. Lewis was a four-time Academic All-Pac 10 choice and received All-Pac 10 honorable mention as a senior, when he recorded 35 tackles and led the Beavers with four interceptions, one returned for a touchdown, for a unit that ranked second in the conference in total defense and third in pass defense.

So...ah. What happens with the rest of the CBs?

Pure speculation:
Left Starter- Lewis
Right Starter-Robinson
Nickel-Greer
Dime-White vs Mack

Both Lewis and Greer played LCB last year...so I would have to imagine that Greer would move to nickel, unless he can unseat PRob at RCB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom