Saints Sign Ozigbo (1 Viewer)

Likely a camp body. I'm still hoping we make a really solid addition to that group. We need it. But maybe Abram will be that for us.

Looking at type of backs have on our roster (excluding AK) are backs that can grind it out. I'm curious how much they will be involved in the passing game, or if the offense will allow them to be involved in the passing game.

Considering our personnel with the WR group, the perception around here so far is that our offense is going to mirror what we did in 2011-2013. From what I remember, the backs played a huge part in the passing game.

Abram Smith sure has a clear path at RB3. His competition to lose.
Im hoping he becomes RB2. If Kamara is suspended then RB1. Rolling into season with Ingram at RB2 is not good

I think the RB work load should be somewhere along these lines. Especially if its a game where the run is needed.

10-13 carries for Kamara. 11-15 for Smith. Ingram for short yardage or inside the one yard line for a score.

Last edited:
Good luck to him. The RB group this year has that WR group of last year feel to it.
I agree...except this time instead of an injury to the top guy, we have a looming suspension. Good news for us is that it isn't that important anymore.

Evidence cited: the Top RB in the draft didn't come off the board until mid 2nd round.

Also, I think Ingram is going to surprise with how much he has left in the tank.

I agree...except this time instead of an injury to the top guy, we have a looming suspension. Good news for us is that it isn't that important anymore.

Evidence cited: the Top RB in the draft didn't come off the board until mid 2nd round.

Also, I think Ingram is going to surprise with how much he has left in the tank.
I wasn’t in love with any of the backs in the draft. Hopefully Abram Smith will take advantage of his shot and Ingram will show he still has it.

I think y'all are being super disrespectful to Mark Ingram. You are penciling in a UDFA Rb over him. I admit his stats wern't stellar last season but he was running behind a college OLine. Mark will be our #1 while Kamara is on vacation. He is a little monster and gets the team pumped up.

Really liked Ozigbo when he was with us and had high hopes he'd contribute as a part time back. Think he still can and happy to see him back with the team. When he was picked up we were hoping to sign him to the practice squad so glad to see him back.

I think y'all are being super disrespectful to Mark Ingram. You are penciling in a UDFA Rb over him. I admit his stats wern't stellar last season but he was running behind a college OLine. Mark will be our #1 while Kamara is on vacation. He is a little monster and gets the team pumped up.
It’s not so much trying to pencil in a rookie above him, but hoping we can find someone good enough to take some of the heavy load off Ingram, or even better, have more juice for the long haul. Let’s face it, Ingram will be 33 this year. Expecting him to carry a heavy load at this point is a little unsettling. Maybe he will prove us wrong, but the odds say we desperately need another back to step up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom