Saints sign RB Zach Zenner, release Stephon Anthony (1 Viewer)

Okay, so let's just get these out of the way:

Deceptively fast
High motor
Crafty
Coach-able
Gym Rat
Moxie
High Football IQ
Cerebral player
Reminds you of (insert other white guy)
Film room junky
Lots of hustle
Hard worker
Student of the game
Coach on the field
Sneaky athletic
Lunch pail guy

Pretty sure that covers this part of the conversion... carry on.

I'm no scout, but he's got a real Jacob Hester vibe. He plays like a taller Danny Woodhead crossed with Toby Gerhart. He could be this year's Peyton Hillis.

When I think about Zach Zenner, which I often do, the first thing that comes to mind is always the intangibles. Zach Zenner has them. He has everything you could ask for in a RB except for speed, vision, size, strength, etc. But if it's intangibles that you're looking for then you have to start with Zach Zenner.

What he lacks in natural ability he makes up for with just hard nosed, true grit and determination. Nobody is going to outwork Zach Zenner. If he's pressed into action he might only average 2.9 yards per carry. But nobody is going to fight harder for those 2.9 yards. He'll earn those 2.9 yards and there will be no doubt about it.

I literally came into work this morning and was thinking to myself "Man if Kamara can't go I hope Payton calls up Zach Zenner in and brings him in for a workout."

and man I come home and find out they did one better and signed him. Love this signing, because Zenner is a guy who leave everything on the field, and will just "Do his Job", he was stuck in an unfair situation in Detroit.. and I really hope he gets a chance to get touches.. he's familiar with the Bears Defense and has made some nice plays against them in the past.

Really hoping he sticks on the roster past this week, great insurance behind Kamara and Murray, plus he contributes on special teams.

When I think about Zach Zenner, which I often do, the first thing that comes to mind is always the intangibles. Zach Zenner has them. He has everything you could ask for in a RB except for speed, vision, size, strength, etc. But if it's intangibles that you're looking for then you have to start with Zach Zenner.

What he lacks in natural ability he makes up for with just hard nosed, true grit and determination. Nobody is going to outwork Zach Zenner. If he's pressed into action he might only average 2.9 yards per carry. But nobody is going to fight harder for those 2.9 yards. He'll earn those 2.9 yards and there will be no doubt about it.

WV3LTAZI5FEQXIOBJCGHHSEBZA.jpg

Chris Spielman is that you?

His stats in 2018 in Detroit were the best of his career. He had 4.8 ypc on 55 carries and 9 ypr on 7 receptions. If he also is good on special teams, I think he can contribute. However, his stats don't scream a substitute for Kamara, but they are better than Cadet's best stats.

He seems like a decent runner in his highlight reel from 2018, and he makes a nice block at the end of the video.

If he knows how to pass protect, then I can see him getting some offensive snaps.

I’m thinking Zenner will most likely select #31 for his jersey, unless he just has a number assigned.
He wore #31 at North Dakota State when he was putting up back to back 2,000 yard seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom