Saints sign RB Zach Zenner, release Stephon Anthony (2 Viewers)

I like it. Can contribute on offense in a limited role and can play special teams. If we were looking for a pure running back, I'd like to see them bring in Ajayi and see how he's recovered.

Overall, low risk: moderate reward. Can't complain about this.

Nice!!! I wanted to see this signing as soon as I saw he was released!!! Although, obviously, not as good, he shares a lot of Kamara’s qualities! He’s slippery and hard to tackle, great vision, quick cuts, and a good receiving threat.

Are receivers on bad teams walking into coaches offices. "Hey Coach, look every one knows we are rebuilding, could you trade me to the Saints? Please?"

Too many posters excited out this Zach Zenner pickup.

Bottom line - this guy is OK talent wise. There is a reason he was a street free agent and no one else was breaking down his door to sign him. .

I seriously doubt he will ever be Active on game day... before we release him. With Kamara out, just expect to see more Murry and Washington.

Tough runner, he's a football player....but he could be here for special teams as Washington will be getting reps on offense if Kamara is inactive as hell be needed to backup Murray.

I’m thinking Zenner will most likely select #31 for his jersey, unless he just has a number assigned.
He wore #31 at North Dakota State when he was putting up back to back 2,000 yard seasons.
SOUTH DAKOTA state, you nerfherder!

After thinking about this, I'm starting to think AK will sit. That means Latavius and Washington split the RB reps in some fashion, and Zenner takes Washington's spot on ST, and of course is an emergency RB if needed. The talk of AK playing sounds like a typical Payton/Saints ploy, to keep their opponent guessing.

You never want to lose, but I think we are ahead of where we thought we would be (after losing Drew). If resting Kamara this week (and maybe next) gets him well for the stretch run, that's more important in the big picture. Getting Drew and AK back healthy in week 8, or week 10 after the bye, would be huge. Maybe you rest Jared Cook too, if he's ailing.

Zach Zenner will wear the #35 for the New Orleans Saints.

On a side note: I’ve seen several Lions fans (who seemed by in large to love Zenner) refer to him as “The Albino Rhino”.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom