Saints sign RBs Matt Dayes and Buck Allen (1 Viewer)

Damn
Our last 10 signings have been strictly for Special Teams.
I hope we don't end up cutting any starters anytime soon.

This would be correct.

He stands a decent chance to make this team.

I would normally be inclined to agree with this, but after last year, who knows? I would swear that Jonathan Williams and Mike Gillislee would have been adequate, if not good 3rd RB's. Both flopped. It's something about the RB position. Gillislee and Buck are about the same age. Williams is 3-4 years younger. At face value, I'd like to think the best about Buck, but I just don't know when it comes to RB these days. We've seen it too many times where a Chris Ivory, Pierre Thomas type, comes out of no where and is the better option. I'd love to see some kind of analytics on this. Quite often what we believe, isn't always what's real.

Love the Buck Allen signing, he is productive when he plays. The FO has delivered, this is our year!

I really like the Dayes signing. Undersized and doesn't have the top end speed, but he's shifty, can contribute on both kick return and coverage and catches really well out of the backfield. Not much NFL production yet, but there are definitely some intriguing strengths on tape that fit well with our offense. Buck Allen may be the bigger name, but his ypc has always been below average. I think Dayes has a better shot on this team.

I feel good about our RB depth now. We will either have Buck Allen, or we will have a guy that beat him out for the job. That means we're loaded at the position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom