Saints sign TE John Owens (1 Viewer)

Wisdom Tooth

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The News
The Saints signed free agent tight end John Owens on Wednesday. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. The team released defensive end Eric Moore to create a roster spot for Owens.

Our View
Owens was added for depth purposes, as starting tight end Ernie Conwell will miss his third consecutive game after undergoing knee surgery.

http://www.fanball.com/

I don't know him or the guy we released?

Owens suits us better than Zach did? There must be something to the thing of not using Zach more than his inability to block as well as needed. Our TE's must be awesome in pass blocking rather than run blocking. In the last 2 games combined we haven't got 100 yards of rushing. Either everyone else that run blocks is really average and the TE's we have are saving them from defeat or our RB's aren't hitting the hole. It's gotta be that something other than Zach's blocking ability isn't up to par. He can't be that much farther behind than what we've seen of those who have played for us this season. I don't want to 2nd guess Sean because his results have been excellent. But maybe Zach said something, didn't seem smart enough to Sean, was too loyal to the former regime, over-bargained his asking price or some other sort of personal rub that keeps him out of town. The last I heard the Jets released him.

Owens is a tight end-turned defensive end-turned tight end. He's a pretty good blocker and adequate receiver.

Well considering he can't play for the Jets....

maybe.....

just maybe......

he wasn't that good.

I like Zach, I liked Colby. Lots of people I like can't play in the NFL. It happens

*This post got deleted, why?

I kinda of like this guy he's got size and if he plays DE he must be quick.

I trust Payton's judgement

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom