Tweet/s Saints sign three after rookie minicamp (1 Viewer)

1621208711227.png

Saints add three to the offseason roster​

NewOrleansSaints.com

New Orleans Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced today that the club has agreed to terms with OL Kyle Murphy, DL Lorenzo Neal and LB Quentin Poling.

Murphy, 6-6, 305, is a three-year NFL veteran who originally was selected by the Green Bay Packers in the sixth round (200th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft out of Stanford. In his first two seasons in Green Bay, he started six games with three starts, including opening the first three contests of the 2017 season at left tackle. After spending the majority of the 2018 campaign on Injured Reserve, Murphy had stints on the Rams and Texans practice squads and went to training camp with Houston in 2020. The San Clemente, Calif. native played four years (2012-15) at Stanford (Calif.) University, appearing in 54 career games with 34 starts, including 27 consecutive to end his college career.

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

I'm still a little miffed we have done anything post draft to address the CB spot.

Right now, we are counting on a 3rd round pick, who opted the 2020 season, to pair up with Lattimore. That's a lot of hope & a prayer. And I say this in all seriousness... because the alternative is either Patrick Robinson or PJ Williams... and I know no one will feel good about those options.

I'm still a little miffed we have done anything post draft to address the CB spot.

Right now, we are counting on a 3rd round pick, who opted the 2020 season, to pair up with Lattimore. That's a lot of hope & a prayer. And I say this in all seriousness... because the alternative is either Patrick Robinson or PJ Williams... and I know no one will feel good about those options.
Defense is gonna take a hit this season.

We'll be lucky if Adebo can get on the field consistently to serve as a nickel/dime back. To ask him to be our number 2 corner in his rookie season is not very realistic. But let's hope for the best.

Calm down folks. There are still many CB's that will be cut and players in general. Some rookies will perform at a level that will lead to a veteran being cut or traded. We will make moves just in time. The season doesn't start tomorrow.

P-Rob was actually really really good last year when he was on the field, but thats when he was on the field.

The concern with P-Rob isn't his ability, it's his durability at his age.

I truly think they are waiting for Cap Casualties. I dont think they like the market right now in free agency for DB's. They aren't going to overpay for one, especially if there isn't anyone that they are confident in.

Sherman's great but, hes been bitten by the injury bug lately. Let's be real, he wasn't half as productive last year as he was in 2019.

TJ Carrie is really one of the only ones that come to mind that could be a decent signing at this point for the right money.

Can't overpay for him, bc hes no guarantee either.

Maybe they really like a young guy on the roster??

who knows??? We really might be screwed if Lattimore gets suspended

Why wasn't Lorenzo Neal signed as a undrafted FA? Isn't this is first year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom