Saints sign Trevor Siemian to take Brees' spot on active roster (1 Viewer)

Siemian still has 4 days of covid testing to do I think, won’t be active for sunday

You’re probably correct. Even if he finishes up testing on Sunday morning, he wouldn’t have practiced with the team. Scratch everything I’ve said about Winston and Hill splitting time this week. It’s anyone’s guess.

I dunno guys seems pretty obvious... with Brees on IR they needed to add to the roster. With the way in which Taysom plays, which is Physical, you need to make sure you have the extra QB barring something catastrophic. I don’t think it’s uncommon to carry 3 QBs especially when one is likely to be a power option type of Q

Remember when the Broncos and Semien started the season 4-0 in his first year, he was pretty decent. Then started the next year 3-1 before it all came crashing down.

I think this is an ok signing for a 3rd string QB.

I think so. Because having an active 3rd QB makes zero sense if Taysom is a full-time QB. I think we have our answer...we’ll be seeing both Winston and Taysom out there.

If I'm being honest I think Sean Is giving Taysom this game, and it is up to him to not let jameis get the next one.

Taysom getting all the 1st string reps this week speaks with more clarity then just a 3rd string QB signing.

I dont really expect Jameis to see much of the field this week, unless he is required too bc of injury or poor play

If taysom plays below average, I would expect Sean to start jameis the next week.

I think Trevor is insurance just in case Jameis starts next week and Taysom is back playing his usual role. To go ahead and get a jump on the playbook and with the team just in case there would be an unfortunate injury to Taysom. It also gives Sean the flexibility to allow Taysom to play his gadget role. Without that insurance, it would be pretty risky.

All that, is on the count of Taysom not playing up to expectations.

I actually think hes going to SHOCK THE WORLD! AKA National Sports Media

Just a theory really...

I think there's waaaay too much reading into his being signed to the active roster. For one thing, we always have three QB's dressed for games, so it's not any sort of departure from the norm. For another, if you're trying to get a guy acclimated mid-season *just in case*, the best way to do that is to let him hang on the sideline when the bullets are flying and listen in on the calls. There's no reason not to at this juncture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom