Saints sign Ty Montgomery [Merged] (1 Viewer)

Idk, I think he takes Washington's spot as the 3rd RB.

TY Has real game experience, in case Murray or AK gets injured

TY can do it all, good ST, great reciever, and will absolutely be able to run the ball effectively behind this O Line if he has too.

GREAT Signing, I see him fitting in with this team like Cadet did, except more effective IMO
Honest question though, can he cover kicks like Washington? It's an important part of the #3 RB role.

I like this signing as well.

He’s really transitioned into a good receiving RB the last few years. That will be where we use him. I understand we have a need at WR3 and he might fit the need, but he’s more a rb than a wr these days.

It's not how you fumble but when... Kyle Williams. Also, if you're talented enough to put up with it.

Also, Ty had two years of super low usage where I barely count And only 1 year with over 100 touches.

344 touches to 4 fumbles. That's 3 too many.

It wasn't just the fumble, the Green Bay staff basically admitted that they told Ty to take the touchback on the kickoff. He brought the ball out, fumbled away the Packers' chances, and the rest of his career has been downhill.

It’s very rare for a team to have a versatile weapon at their disposal... a player that can play multiple skill position roles, and play them well...

If a team had a player that could play RB and also be a viable receiving threat and/or return man, that was considered special... We have a player like that in Alvin Kamara... and he is special.

But, it’s unheard of for a team to have multiple players like that...

The Saints have as many as 4!

Not only do the Saints have multiple players that can play both RB and WR at a high level in Kamara and Montgomery, but they have an additional 2 players that can play RB, WR, TE, FB, and QB! ...if Tommy Stevens works out.

...and oh, BTW, the Saints have Sean Payton as the mastermind behind the offense... an innovative offensive genius that created the Taysom Hill role that so many teams are trying to copy. The possibilities for what CSP can do with this personnel are mind-boggling.

It’s very rare for a team to have a versatile weapon at their disposal... a player that can play multiple skill position roles, and play them well...

If a team had a player that could play RB and also be a viable receiving threat and/or return man, that was considered special... We have a player like that in Alvin Kamara... and he is special.

Not only do the Saints have multiple players that can play both RB and WR at a high level in Kamara and Montgomery, but they have an additional 2 players that can play RB, WR, TE, FB, and QB! ...if Tommy Stevens works out.

...and oh, BTW, the Saints have Sean Payton as the mastermind behind the offense... an innovative offensive genius that created the Taysom Hill role that so many teams are trying to copy. The possibilities for what CSP can do with this personnel are mind-boggling.

...and for good measure, the Saints also have one of the best QBs of all-time, the best WR in the league, and a top 3 offensive line... and they added Emmanuel Sanders

It wasn't just the fumble, the Green Bay staff basically admitted that they told Ty to take the touchback on the kickoff. He brought the ball out, fumbled away the Packers' chances, and the rest of his career has been downhill.

Montgomery learned a very valuable lesson as a result, and in the process hurt the Packers that season and ticked-off colossal DB Aaron Rodgers. Sounds good to me.

This is a sneaky good signing for the Saints. I had Ty in FF when he was with GB so I watched him a fair amount. This is a guy who was born to shine in an SP offense. He is so under-rated and a top notch reciever. I pray Kamara re-signs with us, but if he doesn't, we now have a RB who can fill the Kamara role. Not that he is in the same class as Kamara. The only player in the league in Kamara's class in MCCafrey. However, with all the other weapons we have, if Kamara is not playing, for whatever reason, SP will still be able to run his disruptive offense effectively. Great signing!!!
It's conceivable that Montgomery's true value would be to save ourselves an extra roster spot as he ends up being counted as both a backup RB and WR.

That's huge and can't be overlooked.

People who have not followed or seen him play in a few years may forget or not know that Ty wore like #88 jersey (80-something). He was designated as a WR. Then a few years back GBs RBs got decimated and they moved Ty to RB where he excelled but was a little too fragile to be an every down RB. SP did just pickup another WR. He also picked up a RB. All in one body- Ty!

...and for good measure, the Saints also have one of the best QBs of all-time, the best WR in the league, and a top 3 offensive line... and they added Emmanuel Sanders
sense that i get is this is what SP has talked himself into for the post-drew era
he's positioning himself to be the Bill Walsh of positionless offense

I do actually like this signing a lot, but "great receiver"? You're being a bit too overzealous in your description of his career up to this point.

I mean, he was a WR his rookie year in the league.

So yeah, I would say his strongest attribute would be catching the ball out of the backfield.

You can say what you want about the other aspects of his game, but you can't really say much about his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom