Saints sign Ty Montgomery [Merged] (1 Viewer)

I wonder if this move keeps Murray on the bench. If you have a guy who can spell Kamara and who has the ability to allow the team to run the entire playbook, it makes it harder for teams to predict if the Saints run or pass. It’ll be interesting to see what they think of Montgomery when we see him on the field in camp at some point.

I've seen a few people mention how much Ty fumbles.... he has played 5 years in the league and has fumbled all of 4 times.

To your point... Deonte Harris played 1 year and fumbled 3 times.

Some people just can't let mistakes go. Some around here referred to Ingram as Mr Fumblitis when truthfully he rarely ever fumbled the ball.

Anyway. Good signing. I think SP wants to build an offensive juggernaut for Drew's last ride. And with no fans in the stand we are gonna need it....lol.

He fumble a kickoff return against the Rams one year

Yes, it was in the end zone with 2 minutes left to play, sealing a loss. He was told by the coach not to return the kick, so it was a bad mistake.

But, one screwup doesn't mean the player isn't good. In reviewing his career he has had a lot of injuries and often lost his starting job before he came back. He was an All American KR in college, so we know he has the speed and the moves. He is also a steady receiver.

Regarding the fumble, on badly coached teams where players feel they won't get a fair shot, they sometimes will take dumb risks to prove themselves. That could be the case here. He may have felt if he didn't prove himself he would be on the street. Good coaches give their players a fair shot, and players don't feel the need to do their own thing. Maybe coaching will help him.

My first thought was... Kamara was injured last year.... this is his backup now.... Ty has a very similar skill set to AK... obliviously not as talented, but similar sill set. Smart signing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom