Saints sign WR Kirk Merritt (1 Viewer)

Is that real? I’m assuming that you’re connected somehow due

Did you see his highlights? Did you look at the video I posted about his background? He was highly touted coming out of high school.

If he can play, he can play. It’s his dream to play for the Saints and I hope it works out for him.
I have been following this kid since he was in high school. And yes, he’s the real deal.

Did you see his highlights? Did you look at the video I posted about his background? He was highly touted coming out of high school.

If he can play, he can play. It’s his dream to play for the Saints and I hope it works out for him.
Uh...this is the NFL, every player in the league has a banging HS and College highlight reel

Never heard of him, but I'm rooting for him.

Also, wow. I had to see why this dude had an 11 page thread and...yeah. Typical. New player...oh, he's exceptionally talented but hasn't put it together. Someone makes a decently accurate profile and role projection to Deebo Samuel...and the arguments start.

Clearly production is not expected to be equal, but I can see the Saints running actions where Merritt's doing jet sweeps or lining up behind the QB. If he can't catch or can't figure out how to play and get snaps, he'll be gone by the 2nd preseason game if not much sooner.

Again, I'm rooting for him though.

Bruh! Can’t you just be positive. He could be the next Joe Horn. At least just give him a chance
Never heard of him, but I'm rooting for him.

Also, wow. I had to see why this dude had an 11 page thread and...yeah. Typical. New player...oh, he's exceptionally talented but hasn't put it together. Someone makes a decently accurate profile and role projection to Deebo Samuel...and the arguments start.

Clearly production is not expected to be equal, but I can see the Saints running actions where Merritt's doing jet sweeps or lining up behind the QB. If he can't catch or can't figure out how to play and get snaps, he'll be gone by the 2nd preseason game if not much sooner.

Again, I'm rooting for him though.
TBH, the 11 pages aren't really about him (Merritt), it's about this mindset that we can get by with UDFAs @ WR for another season right after we just went through the season we just went through with UDFA WRs and castoffs....that's the point I poorly attempted to convey yesterday. If you're fine w/ cast offs and UDFAs racking up 200 yds per season w/ the drop rate we saw last season...fine go for it. But if we don't go into next season w/ MT, a 1st or 2nd or both, a Mid level FA acquisition, then Callaway/Harris, it means that we didn't learn a damn thing from last season.

And "role based" receivers...never been a fan of the concept, get your best 2 or 3 and keep them on the field.

Any excitement about Merritt is misguided because he was an undrafted free agent taken from another team's practice squad yet many want a ufda taken from another practice squad to be our starting quarterback - I guess receiver is a tougher position to crack.

TBH, the 11 pages aren't really about him (Merritt), it's about this mindset that we can get by with UDFAs @ WR for another season right after we just went through the season we just went through with UDFA WRs and castoffs....that's the point I poorly attempted to convey yesterday. If you're fine w/ cast offs and UDFAs racking up 200 yds per season w/ the drop rate we saw last season...fine go for it. But if we don't go into next season w/ MT, a 1st or 2nd or both, a Mid level FA acquisition, then Callaway/Harris, it means that we didn't learn a damn thing from last season.

And "role based" receivers...never been a fan of the concept, get your best 2 or 3 and keep them on the field.

You just showed your hand and lost your argument with the last line. CSP's best offense was centered around players/WRs with specific roles.

Yeah we need to draft a receiver in the first two rounds. Merritt is a longshot to make the team.

@NOFALCONS10

I see you're posting today. Not sure if you saw this signing or not, but figured you'd like it.
I liked Merrit when he played in the NFLPA bowl a couple of years back.

Athletic numbers off the chart like Kevin White but you know how that goes. He has to put in the work to make it matter.

If he puts in the effort he has a shot of being a decent downfield threat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom