Saints sign WR Kirk Merritt (1 Viewer)

Dont know a ton about him except highlight reels but there is a highlight of him running a nasty pivot route in the video. Good size. Looks like a strong hands catcher.

Huge under the radar signing. CSP just signed the Saints' Deebo. I was wondering who CSP would sign away from another team's practice squad now that the season is over and those guys are just signed to futures contracts without having to go on the 53-man roster. Merritt is a bully ball type WR.

Merritt was at the top of 2020 WR class on athletic ability. He was there with Claypool, DPJ, Jefferson and Aiyuk. One of the big differences is Merritt ran a 4.33, whereas the rest were in the 4.42-4.48 range. Merritt's 20-yard shuttle was 4.02 and from what I was able to find, that was the quickest. CSP also seems to continue his collecting of WRs with hands larger than 10" since Merritt's are 10.25".

Height: 72"
Weight: 215lbs
RBS: 2.99lbs
Hand size: 10.25"
40-time: 4.33 sec
Vertical: 45"
Broad jump: 135"
20-yard shuttle: 4.02 sec
3-cone drill: n/a

Huge under the radar signing. CSP just signed the Saints' Deebo. I was wondering who CSP would sign away from another team's practice squad now that the season is over and those guys are just signed to futures contracts without having to go on the 53-man roster. Merritt is a bully ball type WR.

Merritt was at the top of 2020 WR class on athletic ability. He was there with Claypool, DPJ, Jefferson and Aiyuk. One of the big differences is Merritt ran a 4.33, whereas the rest were in the 4.42-4.48 range. Merritt's 20-yard shuttle was 4.02 and from what I was able to find, that was the quickest. CSP also seems to continue his collecting of WRs with hands larger than 10" since Merritt's are 10.25".

Those testing numbers are insane (all but height). He's definitely the type of athlete SP likes to add on a futures deal to see if he can develop him. Seems he'll compete with White for a spot on the practice squad.

He kind of reminds me of a more athletic Devery Henderson.

Dolphins UDFA. He's 25 years old. Played in two games. One only on special teams, the other had 1 catch out of 3 targets for 13 yards.

One would expect that equals camp body, but given the Saints WR room ...
Twitter responses from fans blame his lack of play on coaching. They seem to know something we don’t. Act like they’re going to miss him. We’ll see

him and omar bayless were awesome together their last year at Ark. State

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom