Saints sign WR Kirk Merritt (1 Viewer)

I’m hoping we draft two WR’s in the first few rounds, so I definitely get that.

Same. Still some cap issues to work through (though I'm not overly worried by that) but it could be challenging to land a quality starter-capable free agent unless we stumble into a Joe Horn type situation.

I was dead arse serious, never heard of him. Surely wouldn't use him as a "could've been the next...." if I'm saying someone is going to be something great.
De'Anthony Thomas may not have WOWed in the NFL but he was phenom at Oregon (where Merritt was going to college) thus... "the next De'Anthony Thomas"

Same. Still some cap issues to work through (though I'm not overly worried by that) but it could be challenging to land a quality starter-capable free agent unless we stumble into a Joe Horn type situation.
Yea I’m not too worried about our cap either as they seem to always be able to work that out.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if Kirk ends up being our Joe Horn acquisition? Man.

From Adrian Arrington to Bennie Fowler (and beyond). Whether it's 2010 or 2020, be it in-season or offseason, the threads are much the same, only the names seem to change.

From Adrian Arrington to Bennie Fowler (and beyond). Whether it's 2010 or 2020, be it in-season or offseason, the threads are much the same, only the names seem to change.
I had such high hopes for Adrian. Just as I was wrong on Colston, happily, I was wrong with Adrian. Sadly. Lol

That could be the reality, but I’m choosing to be optimistic about a guy who hasn’t had a real chance in the NFL yet. Not all people are college material and he clearly struggled in that environment, but he hasn’t given up on football, so maybe that’s his real calling. Besides, these are exactly the kinds of players our team needs to bring in and develop because we have so little talent on offense and little resources to acquire it.
So your solution to the WR problem is to add more mediocre talent to it?

Reminds me of the Jalen McCleskey signing. I'm not holding out a lot of hope for Merritt, but this is intriguing. Here's hoping we found another Moore or Snead. You never know.

Find another comparable WR talent (physical attributes) that was signed who got his own discussion thread. I'll wait.

He’s just hopeful I’d say. It didn’t cost much to add the guy, very low risk.
I understand. I am a die hard Saints fan so we naturally root for the underdog, undiscovered gem and cast away but we are tired of the bargain bin shopping, we don't need high end talent but can we at least get fresh talent.

Reminds me of the Jalen McCleskey signing. I'm not holding out a lot of hope for Merritt, but this is intriguing. Here's hoping we found another Moore or Snead. You never know.
Maybe even a Horn. 😊 One can dream.
(Speaking in terms of production, not similarity of the skill sets)

I understand. I am a die hard Saints fan so we naturally root for the underdog, undiscovered gem and cast away but we are tired of the bargain bin shopping, we don't need high end talent but can we at least get fresh talent.
Oh I agree, I want a WR in the first. Then another by the 3rd or 4th.
Talent has never been his problem, opportunity has.

he is wildly talented, but he showed his wang to people at TAMU and transferred around a lot before landing at Last Chance U.
Agreed, and I don’t buy his “excessive itching” story either, about why he showed his junk to two separate tutors. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom