Saints sign WR Kirk Merritt (1 Viewer)

I should have been more clear. I’m speaking on which team is he rumored to go to, or has the most interest?

:gosaints:
Ahhh, gotcha. 😊
I think he was talking about as a high school recruit, not as an NFL player.

From Wikipedia:
That would make more sense as he’s not done much in the NFL.

I think he was talking about as a high school recruit, not as an NFL player.

From Wikipedia:
Still an odd comparison...can we all just agree for the sake of getting back on track that he just might be the next DeAnthony Thomas and leave it as that.

This is a camp body signing, I'm not excited about it

Still an odd comparison...can we all just agree for the sake of getting back on track that he just might be the next DeAnthony Thomas and leave it as that.

This is a camp body signing, I'm not excited about it
I don’t have much hope, but I’ll still pull for the guy. Our WR situation isn’t that great so he may have a shot. And hopefully, as others have stated, that’s all he needs to flourish.

I don’t have much hope, but I’ll still pull for the guy. Our WR situation isn’t that great so he may have a shot. And hopefully, as others have stated, that’s all he needs to flourish.
If he has a shot, that means our WR situation hasn't improved. I'd like to think we're moving past the place where castoffs have a legit shot at starting

I was dead arse serious, never heard of him. Surely wouldn't use him as a "could've been the next...." if I'm saying someone is going to be something great.

It's a pretty easy comp. De'Anthony Thomas was all the rage back then at Oregon and Merritt was a 4* runningback coming out of high school and the SPARQ winner in 2014, so pretty much the best athlete. That's where the comparison should stop. They were completely different runningbacks. Thomas was small and quick that played a finesse game. Merritt is big, strong, fast and quick who plays a speed/power game. The the comp was really just position, athletic ability and positional ranking, not their style of play.

I don’t get the issue, he was being compared to another top HS recruit that was on the same Oregon college team. Just because you aren’t excited about him doesn’t make the comparison wrong. Thomas was good a player for the Ducks.
I’m not that excited either, but heck I thought Marques Colston would just be a camp body. Look how that turned out lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom