Saints signed veteran CB Chris Harris Jr to their practice squad (1 Viewer)

Yeah but when he played and played a significant time he was solid. And last Sunday proved that he can contribute nicely. And no I am not saying losing him will doom us. But would of help us on offense, especially the way the offense is now.
Murray wasn’t seeing last Sunday’s carries again if Kamara and Ingram are both active on gameday sadly. The team is married to Kamara’s contract so they have to justify his contract as a featured back & captain, and Ingram is a favorite as an all time Saint. He wasn’t settling for just 3rd RB role with inconsistent touches here while he can start at RB in Denver and Wilson is his QB.

Here's how it would go.....sign Murray....he's playing really well during practice....RB coach, "Murray! What are you doing!? You're supposed to FUMBLE the ball! Have you not been paying attention during our games?"

Murray wasn’t seeing last Sunday’s carries again if Kamara and Ingram are both active on gameday sadly. The team is married to Kamara’s contract so they have to justify his contract as a featured back & captain, and Ingram is a favorite as an all time Saint. He wasn’t settling for just 3rd RB role with inconsistent touches here while he can start at RB in Denver and Wilson is his QB.
Well if the team strategy is based on contract then the coaches are fools for thinking that. You use the players that give you the best chance to win regardless of contract

If Murray was on the active roster, along with AK41, and Ingram, then Murray would be RB2 in my book. Heck, I’d even send out trade feelers for Ingram. Yeah, there I said it😂

Signing Chris Harris Jr. was a good move. He's a very good savvy veteran. I don't know why we didn't keep Murray on the 53 instead of putting him back on the PS. Washington and TJJ hardly ever see any playing time. We could have put either one of them on the PS and if they would have gotten signed to another team it wouldn't have been as bad as losing Murray. I believe having Murray would have reduced the wear and tear on Kamara with those runs up the middle and we could have used Kamara more in the passing game. The three of them could have split the carries. I think they would have been happy with that. Payton did it with those three before, I don't see why it wouldn't have worked again.

I respected the hell out of his effort Sunday. But c’mon. Dude was our RB3. Hm leaving for Denver is not an insurmountable loss.
Weird take. Our eyeballs must have deceived us last weekend. And most of the time while he was a Saint in the past. We stink at personnel decisions. Cue us peeping down alleyways for a lonely DB while we let loose a terror of a DB who is now smiling like a Cheshire cat in the Northeast. "Yeah, we know what we're doing management-wise." Side eye to weird person. We look VERY stupid today. Co-sign this idiocy if u like.

Last edited:
So contracts and emotion dictate carries and playing time vs merit and the “eye test”? No wonder we’re a .250 team right now.

About all the "he was only RB3" or PS fodder: We're one game away from bumping RB3 to RB1 for weeks at a time due to how injury prone we are.
Depth. He was good depth for a position that can turn a good offense into a very one dimensional one.
Ingram is still nice to have, but old man needs to be limited. (he's my fave Saint RB after PT)

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. LM chose to leave, apparently, for more touches for a Broncos team that's full of even dumber decisions.
There's other players that could've been cut at positions we can adjust for. Right now, RB ain't one b/c we barely have a QB.

At this point, we might as well kick the tires on Adrian Peterson or someone help can the running game. Then again, our main problem is the o-line & their protection. I hate to admitted it but the Failcants really exposed us.

At this point, we might as well kick the tires on Adrian Peterson or someone help can the running game. Then again, our main problem is the o-line & their protection. I hate to admitted it but the Failcants really exposed us.
Le’Veon Bell and Todd Gurley are available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom