Saints signing CB Kayvon Webster (1 Viewer)

In other news, Sterling Moore is trying out for the XFL.

Another DB? Guess you can never have enough of them. I still think a defensive lineman would of been a better addition. Maybe we can bring in Muhammad Wilkerson right before camp on the extreme cheap unless he has a long suspension.

So now we have Marshon Lattimore, Eli Apple, Patrick Robinson, PJ Williams, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Ken Crawley, Marcus Sherels, Justin Hardee, and now Kayvon Webster. That’s 9 guys and that’s not even including the undrafted rookies. This has to be the deepest group of corners we have ever had. I included CGJ since I think we may see him play more corner than safety. I hope this doesn’t mean PRob is not on schedule cause if he plays close to how he played in 2017 we will be really, really good at corner this year, health permitting for the rest of them.

Last edited:
Another DB? Guess you can never have enough of them. I still think a defensive lineman would of been a better addition. Maybe we can bring in Muhammad Wilkerson right before camp on the extreme cheap unless he has a long suspension.

So now we have Marshon Lattimore, Eli Apple, Patrick Robinson, PJ Williams, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Ken Crawley, Marcus Sherels, Justin Hardee, and now Kayvon Webster. That’s 9 guys and that’s not even including the undrafted rookies. This has to be the deepest group of corners we have ever had. I included CGJ since I think we may see him play more corner than safety. I hope this doesn’t mean PRob is not on schedule cause if he plays close to how he played in 2017 we will be really, really good at corner this year, health permitting for the rest of them.

I mean since being froggered by Kamara 2 years ago, this guy has only played a handful of snaps. Maybe he can bounce back and surprise, but at this point it shouldn't be considered more than a camp body signing, with special teams potential.

Last edited:

I was hoping for Muhammad as well. But who knows if he will be suspended now

Webster, 28, was selected by the Broncos in the third round of the 2013 NFL draft out of South Florida. He never emerged as a top cornerback for Denver but was a special teams ace during his four years with the team.

They're really going all in for a top special team's unit this year.

Webster, 28, was selected by the Broncos in the third round of the 2013 NFL draft out of South Florida. He never emerged as a top cornerback for Denver but was a special teams ace during his four years with the team.

Yeah, in a neurotic way too. I dont remember special teams being bad last year. We needed better returners for sure, but the units weren't this bad were they?

yeah, these guys will have a position attached to their name, but almost certainly we're looking at special teams

Yeah, in a neurotic way too. I dont remember special teams being bad last year. We needed better returners for sure, but the units weren't this bad were they?

Yeah, you right.

Well, as long as you ignore the constant holding, block in the backs, etc etc etc

I mean since being froggered by Kamara 2 years ago, this guy only has only played a handful of snaps. Maybe he can bounce back and surprise, but at this point it shouldn't be considered more than a camp body signing, with special teams potential.

“Froggered”

Brilliant. I will be stealing. Thank you Hoo

Somewhat fast with a 4.34 40. However has been injured 3 times since 2013. A concussion, a torn achilles tendon, and a pulled quad.

The days of Taysom Hill as a gunner on special teams are over. He's amazing at it, but he's just too valuable as an offensive weapon.
Well, Justin Hardee is an excellent gunner. I wonder if they're trying to replace him with a better, more experienced corner. :scratch:

I don't know if it was them being "bad" necessarily, but moreso turning the unit intro a difference maker this year, just to even out the load a bit so that the offense or defense doesn't have to solely carry the team through a rough patch. Going from a "they didn't lose a game" to a possible "we have two extra wins because of the special teams squad" type asset.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom