Saints signing Chiefs DT Khalen Saunders (3yrs/12.3M) (1 Viewer)

YEEESSS!!! That dude was on top of my FA wish list! So much untapped potential w/Saunders. Saunders is a combo DT who can play nose & 3tech. He was a rush DT in KC. I remember hyping him up on here years ago when he came out. Saunders was one of my draft darlings in 19. Man…Im just as excited about this signing as I am w/Carr.

Bringing in some beef, now if we can find away to land an impact defensive linemen, perhaps at 29, we will be set up very nicely up front.
Maybe the board sets up nicely and they get to draft a rookie DE that projects as a three down lineman. Either one of Kpassagnon, Turner or Granderson might be better suited for rotational work.

We finally got our "Walter Thomas"!!!

Yes, I know Stadanko already posted his Senior Bowl backflip but at about .24 he talks about his culinary tastes. I think this guy will fit in fine. The flipping is at about 1.25.

Matter of opinion.

The fact is that our “cap issues” weren’t significant enough to keep us from signing the biggest fish in free agency and plugging other holes. And we’re just in day 3.
Saints are managing the cap like every other NFL Team, its still perplexing how the Saints are able to fill their needs but some still say they have "cap issues". They had these same issues last year and went after D. Watson, had the same issue this year and got D. Carr and then some say we lost Onyematta and Tuttle because of cap issues but signed two DT's with specific skillsets (run stopper and pass rusher) to replace them with.

How are things over at tiger droppings, btw? Are they also overstating the Saints' cap woes?

Not sure. Go check on them yourself. I'm just glad we signed cheaper replacements to help with our cap situations. Very important to manage the cap going forward as we already are paying 14 players not even on the roster in 2026.

Not sure. Go check on them yourself. I'm just glad we signed cheaper replacements to help with our cap situations. Very important to manage the cap going forward as we already are paying 14 players not even on the roster in 2026.
And by 2026 we’ll probably be paying 14 players in 2030 to make up for it!

And none of it will matter!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom