Saints signing Safety Johnathan Abram to one-year deal (1 Viewer)

Not sure about signing veterans with “tons on potential”. Hope these posts turn out correct.

Yep. Like I said I hope he doesn't see the field.

Nothing against he guy and he signed cheap so it's not a big deal.

Not everyone we sign in FA is going to be excellent. Not sure what the clown face is for lmao
News flash he is the 6/7th safety on the roster! He might not even make it out of training camp. Why is this even a 5/6 page discussion lmao

Even our depth players see the field at some point during games. Due to rotating in and out depending on the defensive scenarios called or to give players a rest for a few plays. Like I said, the defensive coaches are not going to put him in a position to fail.
You do know there’s 5 other safeties not including draft picks ahead of him right?

You do know there’s 5 other safeties not including draft picks ahead of him right?
Mathieu and Maye have the only guaranteed Safety spots.

Lonnie Johnson has multiple roles between FS, slot and some boundary CB depth. JT Gray is ST and never gets significant Safety snaps unless injury. Monday is a former UDFA who has to prove himself coming back from preseason IR with no pro snaps to his name.

Abram’s role isn’t limited to the traditional Safety depth chart based on his skillset as a blitzer and run defender.

Last edited:
Not according to PFF where Mathieu graded as the 5th best Safety. Not according to how the backfield ranked last year, where the Saints yielded the 2nd fewest yards and the third fewest touchdowns. Mathieu was a significant piece of a DB backfield that had a really good year. I wouldn't call him overrated.
Think maybe that because our run D was so bad and teams were rarely behind against us they didn't need to pass so much? Thus the high pass D ranking. Once again stats don't tell the whole story

Yep. Like I said I hope he doesn't see the field.

Nothing against he guy and he signed cheap so it's not a big deal.

Not everyone we sign in FA is going to be excellent. Not sure what the clown face is for lmao
We do need players on special teams, unless you want Lattimore running down on kickoff team

Glad to see the team shaking up the roster. Some may not agree with all of the free agents and want to play arm chair gm and coach but the team hasn't been very good the last few years. That's partly because of health issues and performance.

Not sure about signing veterans with “tons on potential”. Hope these posts turn out correct.
would you prefer veterans with no potential? Lol
Think maybe that because our run D was so bad and teams were rarely behind against us they didn't need to pass so much? Thus the high pass D ranking. Once again stats don't tell the whole story
that’s gotta be a big, big part of it. Bad against the run, and a low scoring team? get passed on a lot less. Would need to verify with data but I’m willing to bet it was a significant reason why

would you prefer veterans with no potential? Lol

that’s gotta be a big, big part of it. Bad against the run, and a low scoring team? get passed on a lot less. Would need to verify with data but I’m willing to bet it was a significant reason why
That's part of it, 536 pass attempts against in 2022, 592 in 2021 and 557 in 2020.

Glad to see the team shaking up the roster. Some may not agree with all of the free agents and want to play arm chair gm and coach but the team hasn't been very good the last few years. That's partly because of health issues and performance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom