Saints signing Jalen McCleskey. (1 Viewer)

I’m only stating this because I have to... but this kid is the Nick Vannett of Deonte Harris clones. 😂
Maybe so, but folks act like everybody on the roster should be starter caliber. The reality is those guys that round out the bottom of your roster will be key at some point of a 17 game season. Laugh now, but there could be a game where he starts and is needed. We started UDFA's last year.

The offense is not changing it's going back to the way it was. Drew could no longer throw deep and the minimized the value of the "Devery Henderson" role in the offense and made the run game and intermediate passing game the staple of the offense, now with Winston or whatever QB we draft to groom will be strong arm QB's who bring back that deep passing attack to couple with the intermediate passing game that kept defenses honest

I don't know if he will turn out to be a player for us but expect to see more players with this "skillset" added to the offense that Payton has "a vision for".
It's not changing but going back to what it was? By definition that's changing. And Drew never had the arm Jameis has and he doesn't have the mastery Drew did so it will never be what it was. It will be different.

Maybe so, but folks act like everybody on the roster should be starter caliber. The reality is those guys that round out the bottom of your roster will be key at some point of a 17 game season. Laugh now, but there could be a game where he starts and is needed. We started UDFA's last year.
He has great speed. Started off at Oklahoma State, then transferred to Tulane. His game winning catch and run against Houston is a good highlight reel. He broke tackles and outran all other defenders to the end zone. He may not be a starter, but could be a contributor on special teams and may be a role player. Comes from a football family. Remember that his father, JJ, was not big, but played much bigger than his physical nature.

Let's hope this guy makes the team and does well ala Joe Morgan.

God knows if he doesn't they will be relying mainly on Harris.

I was really surprised when I stumbled onto this video of McClesky’s 1 on 1’s in practice. I assumed he was more of a straight line deep threat guy, but these clips show he can actually run routes and has some nice breaks at the top of his routes. He does just flat out blow past a few guys and freestyles a bit much for the timing of an NFL passing attack, but the qualities are there. Let’s see if he can find some consistency in his route running and play a role on this team.

I'm wondering how far is it from Camp Body to Camp Beast?

His dad played for Saints back in early 1990's.
And played for UT. I loved him on Special Teams. I used to run a Saints booster club in TN back then and in order to watch your team in a sports bar, you had to have the most fans there. So I pulled together as many fans as I could all over Knoxville and we would consistently have 50 people at the bar. Anyway, I would try to give away door prizes and I remember J.J sending me multiple signed items to give away. Very cool of him.

And played for UT. I loved him on Special Teams. I used to run a Saints booster club in TN back then and in order to watch your team in a sports bar, you had to have the most fans there. So I pulled together as many fans as I could all over Knoxville and we would consistently have 50 people at the bar. Anyway, I would try to give away door prizes and I remember J.J sending me multiple signed items to give away. Very cool of him.
I changed the oil on a car he and I think it was EJ Henderson from that same class of Saints rookies. He was low key and cool as the other side of the pillow. Damn I'm old! JJ is one of my favorite Saints just because of how down to Earth he was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom