Saints signing Latavius Murray. Ingram likely out (1 Viewer)

The writing was on the wall, we couldn't afford Mark any more unless he gave us a big discount. I wish him well, he was a great player and person on the team, and he deserves more than we could give.

I'm surprised that people are shocked by this. Did they think Ingram was going to come back for 4 million a year just because he loved being a Saint? Of course not. We had him on one of the best bargain contracts in the league the past 4 years. This is his last chance to sign for some major money so who can fault him for wanting 7 million a year? I certainty can't.

Some team is going to offer him feature back money and use him as a feature back. If he's healthy he'll be great. I wish him nothing but the best. He was one of my all time favorite Saints because he worked so hard to change his game and his body to suit SP's offense. With hard work and determination he became one of the best all around backs in the league.

My concern is: with MI gone, how will that effect the chemistry with Kam? They worked well together, this new rb is an unknown and no idea how well they will mesh together when playing

Bottom line Ingram asking for way too much for our fancy and Murray being much cheaper option.

It's unfortunate, but I can't fault Ingram for getting what he can on a last contract. Murray is who I would have expected/wanted to take his spot.

I trusted MI at his word, but can't fault him for doing what's best for his family. This is the last contract he'll get.
I can't put into words how much of a moral and chemistry loss this will be. I hope they can keep it all together in the locker room, last thing we want is to re-create 2014 trying to pinch pennies.

The thing that's getting lost in this heartbreak is that Murray is a good player. Of course he's not Ingram but he's not a bum. He's been to the Pro Bowl and he's put up decent numbers when given the opportunity. Their career averages aren't as far off as you'd think.

Murray has averaged 740 yards rushing and 7 TDs a season. Mark Ingram has averaged 751 yards rushing and 6 TDs.

Murray has averaged 26 rec and 177 yards receiving a season. Ingram has averaged 29 rec and 200 yards a season.

Looks like a lot of people are thinking Kamara can be a bell cow. I’m not so sure of that. He is a little on the small side to be bell cow. He looked to be getting tired by the 4th game. I think Kamara is meant to be the satallite in SP’s offense just like Reggie and Sproles. I hope this guy Murray can handle it but I will surely miss double deuce.
i dont see anyone saying that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom