Saints signing Noah Spence (1 Viewer)

I forgot about that dude.

This is just the career revitalization he needed. He's going to come here and become the story of the season. He will be a force with this defense and cause havoc in the playoffs.

/Saints fan

This is just the career revitalization he needed. He's going to come here and become the story of the season. He will be a force with this defense and cause havoc in the playoffs.

/Saints fan

He’s going to provide the Saints defense with the same type of boost and unexpected production that CJ Anderson gave the Lambs last year!!!! Noah Spence will be Super Bowl MVP!!!!

With Hendrickson and Granderson, we really just needed depth. This fits.

Isn't DE Loewen still on the practice squad? I wonder why they wouldn't put him back on the 53? Is he not healthy?

Isn't DE Loewen still on the practice squad? I wonder why they wouldn't put him back on the 53? Is he not healthy?
I think/thought that Loewen has been converted to a TE.
This is what I heard too. You'd think that in a pinch like this they'd consider putting him back at his old position unless he's lost a bunch of weight or something to make the move to TE. I'm not too sure how likely that'd be since I doubt they were trying to turn him into a Jimmy Graham pass catching tight end, more of a blocking TE who's more nimble/athletic than using an extra tackle in jumbo sets.

I think/thought that Loewen has been converted to a TE.

Yes I think I posted something about that originally. Lol and touché if that was making a point about his abilities as a DE.

But if not, he is still liked on the Saints PS as a D-Lineman:

Screenshot_20191211-134503.png

This is what I heard too. You'd think that in a pinch like this they'd consider putting him back at his old position unless he's lost a bunch of weight or something to make the move to TE. I'm not too sure how likely that'd be since I doubt they were trying to turn him into a Jimmy Graham pass catching tight end, more of a blocking TE who's more nimble/athletic than using an extra tackle in jumbo sets.

There is no reason he couldn't be active on game day and be available both ways since we put in Edwards this last game on an offense snap. And we were going to play Brown a snap a few games ago.

Yes I think I posted something about that originally. Lol and touché if that was making a point about his abilities as a DE.

But if not, he is still liked on the Saints PS as a D-Lineman:

Screenshot_20191211-134503.png
It used to be that we couldn't get an accurate roster off the Saints website but they've rectified that for the most part. IDK if adjusting the position of a PS player would be high on their priority list until he cracks the 53 though. Who really knows at this point? What we do know is they think this was a better depth signing than elevating Loewen to the 53 and I'll trust their evaluation.

There is no reason he couldn't be active on game day and be available both ways since we put in Edwards this last game on an offense snap. And we were going to play Brown a snap a few games ago.
Good point. The only reason would be is that they think Spence is that much better of a player at DE depth than Loewen is.

I was really intrigue about adding Shane Ray when they worked him out. I guess he is still dealing with that injury he had.

Good point. The only reason would be is that they think Spence is that much better of a player at DE depth than Loewen is.

Spence has played 7 games for the Redskins this year so he is in football shape - if being on the Redskins qualifies. 85 snaps, 3 tackles, 1 sack. I'm not confident in him setting the edge at all. Looks like a pure pass rusher.

Also, maybe they want to work Spence this week and see him side by side competing with Loewen and others in practice, then they could always cut him and promote Loewen up if they are not impressed. I would think a guy like Loewen could set the edge better and would certainly know the defensive scheme better. However, I'm afraid this signing says more about Loewen than Spence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom