Saints signing Stills to practice squad. (2 Viewers)

Since Stills had a good workout, it's hard to turn down a serviceable player who once had some success here.
I'm trusting that this will be a good move for us. It's not like we've had a lot to complain about regarding personnel decisions lately. :9:

With 16 spots available on the practice squad, some of those spots are used as a way to have an extended workout. If he doesn't work out, we just cut him, and move on to evaluation of someone else.
Low risk , higher reward here, nothing to complain about.

Be interesting to see if he ends up playing in the next couple of weeks
Not sure why he did not play more last season

The guy was becoming a productive player when he parted ways. In had time to mature and learnt to be professional. I am sure the coaches know his potential and Stills knows what he needs to do play here.
It is a classic High reward low risk move.
Thomas, Smith, Stills, Calloway, and Harris... we are set at WR.

----

You must have no faith in Sean. Any sign of that and he will be thumbing for a ride on Airline like Antonio Brown.

The narrative around Stills in his first stint with the Saints seems to be largely driven by rumor and speculation. There might have been some maturity issues, but I don't recall anything definitive that would suggest something irredeemable in his character. Early on, Brees and Payton recognized Stills as smart and a quick learner. I've posted this article before.

That isn't to say something might not have soured the team on him but it's still a leap to get to "cancer" without compelling, supporting evidence. There were generalized reports of problems in the locker and that seemed to become an umbrella reason among some fans for every move that followed.

Whatever might have happened, I'm with you that Payton wouldn't be bringing him back if he didn't think he could trust him enough to help the team in some capacity.

The narrative around Stills in his first stint with the Saints seems to be largely driven by rumor and speculation. There might have been some maturity issues, but I don't recall anything definitive that would suggest something irredeemable in his character. Early on, Brees and Payton recognized Stills as smart and a quick learner. I've posted this article before.

That isn't to say something might not have soured the team on him but it's still a leap to get to "cancer" without compelling, supporting evidence. There were generalized reports of problems in the locker and that seemed to become an umbrella reason among some fans for every move that followed.

Whatever might have happened, I'm with you that Payton wouldn't be bringing him back if he didn't think he could trust him enough to help the team in some capacity.
I agree with all that. I don’t even hold it against the guys that have brushes with the law since I had plenty myself. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that his incident happened on a Saturday before a game. I don’t blame guys for wanting to get drunk and cut up but it doesn’t matter what profession you are in, if you only get payed for performance on 16 days or so a year, it’s unprofessional to get plastered before one of them. That to me was immaturity showing through and it was a lot of years ago.

I agree with all that. I don’t even hold it against the guys that have brushes with the law since I had plenty myself. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that his incident happened on a Saturday before a game. I don’t blame guys for wanting to get drunk and cut up but it doesn’t matter what profession you are in, if you only get payed for performance on 16 days or so a year, it’s unprofessional to get plastered before one of them. That to me was immaturity showing through and it was a lot of years ago.

Refresh my memory; what was the incident?

I remember some story that a small group of players were out all night at Harrah's (?) the night before a game, but I don't recall the details. I seem to remember Vaccaro linked to that but I don't remember if there were confirmed public reports of who all the players were and what happened.

Refresh my memory; what was the incident?

I remember some story that a small group of players were out all night at Harrah's (?) the night before a game, but I don't recall the details. I seem to remember Vaccaro linked to that but I don't remember if there were confirmed public reports of who all the players were and what happened.
Honestly I meant to declare IIRC to all of it. I just remember that he got picked up for DUI in Harahan or River Ridge and the part that bothered me was that it was Sat night. I just recall thinking about how Sean was going to feel about that and next thing you know he is gone after showing a ton of promise. I don’t want anyone taking my word for it though and I’ll try and search it as soon as I have a chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom