Saints SMU Alumni helped to sign DL Margus Hunt (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1588807505580.png
NFL Veteran DL Margus Hunt signed with the New Orleans Saints last week but not without a little help from fellow SMU Alumni already on the team.

By BtBoylan | SI

The former second-round pick DL Margus Hunt becomes the fourth SMU Mustang (Morestead, Sanders, Wood) on the New Orleans Saints roster headed into the 2020 NFL season. Hunt did not play with those three Mustangs in college. But, it was a conversation with his former SMU teammate's which persuaded Hunt to join the Saints.

Hunt shared with media via Zoom conference call, former Saints FB Zach Line was the first person he called when New Orleans came knocking.
“Oh yeah, absolutely. The first thing I did was reached out to Zach Line. He played fullback last year (for the Saints) and just retired. I have a great relationship with him and he told me so many positive things about the organization and the locker room and everything. He told me basically if this is serious, by all means take it because you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity.”
“With being married with two kids, he just said from that point of view it’s very family-oriented (organization). They do a huge deal about family and kids and everything. That was one of the reasons (for my decision). Another one was obviously the locker room. Great guys, all pros, they do the right things. They work hard, practice hard. They teach each other hard and they work every day to get to that title. That was one of the big things.”
Full Story - SI

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom