Saints Staff has been here FOREVER (1 Viewer)

latechsaint26

Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
I really think we go inside the building. I mean whoever it is, the players will know them. GM will know them.

IMO, They already know who the right choice is. No interview is needed.

This is just mind blowing to me:

This is when a lot of the top brass got to New Orleans as players or coaches:

Captains:
Can Jordan 2011
T Armstead 2013
M Jenkins 2009

Front office
Mickey Loomis 2000
Khai Hartley 2005
Jeff Ireland 2016
Ben Hales 2000
Greg Bensel 1997
Fred McAfee 1991

Coaches:
Pete Carmichael 2006
Dennis Allen 2006
Aaron Glenn (interviewing) 2008
Brian Young 2004
Ron Curry 2015
Dan Dalrymple 2006
Chuck Byrd 2008
Joel Thomas 2015
Dan Roushar 2013
Curtis Johnson 2006

Scouts:
Mike Parenton 2012
Mike Baugh 2000
Joe Vitt Jr 2012
Terry Wooden 2007
Ryan Powelll 2012
CJ Leak 2016
Justin Matthews 2009
Cody Rager 2015
Jon Sandusky 2015
Casey Talley 2016
Paul Zimmer 2006

I mean the WHOLE building has been together FORVER.

I really think we go inside the building. I mean whoever it is, the players will know them. GM will know them.

IMO, They already know who the right choice is. No interview is needed.

This is just mind blowing to me:

This is when a lot of the top brass got to New Orleans as players or coaches:

Captains:
Can Jordan 2011
T Armstead 2013
M Jenkins 2009

Front office
Mickey Loomis 2000
Khai Hartley 2005
Jeff Ireland 2016
Ben Hales 2000
Greg Bensel 1997
Fred McAfee 1991

Coaches:
Pete Carmichael 2006
Dennis Allen 2006
Aaron Glenn (interviewing) 2008
Brian Young 2004
Ron Curry 2015
Dan Dalrymple 2006
Chuck Byrd 2008
Joel Thomas 2015
Dan Roushar 2013
Curtis Johnson 2006

Scouts:
Mike Parenton 2012
Mike Baugh 2000
Joe Vitt Jr 2012
Terry Wooden 2007
Ryan Powelll 2012
CJ Leak 2016
Justin Matthews 2009
Cody Rager 2015
Jon Sandusky 2015
Casey Talley 2016
Paul Zimmer 2006

I mean the WHOLE building has been together FORVER.
I don't know, but If I was a certain someone on the staff, I would have at least changed my surname to my mother's maiden name. Just say'n.

Great post….thank you! I was wondering who composed our coaching and admin staff and how long. I knew most had been here a while, but this really drives it home. We’ve been known to have one of the most solid coaching staffs in the league, and though some are gone like Campbell, Glen, Lombardi - there is a solid backbone still here!

I don't know, but If I was a certain someone on the staff, I would have at least changed my surname to my mother's maiden name. Just say'n.
Yea I guess until you said something I didn’t realize that’s his actual son.

On the positive side for Saints he seems to be a big overqualified to be a scout for us having been the director of player personnel for Browns and Eagles for over a decade but having still been with us for 7 years.

I guess the name makes you a little harder to hire.

On the positive side for Saints he seems to be a big overqualified to be a scout for us having been the director of player personnel for Browns and Eagles for over a decade but having still been with us for 7 years.

Agreed, that's why I would've gone with my mom's name.

Agreed, that's why I would've gone with my mom's name.
You guys must be talking about Joe Vitt, Jr. He was the scout responsible for finding Deonte Harris and pushing hard to sign him as an undrafted free-agent. Just say'n.

Last edited:
Well, if it's Sandusky, he arrived here with hardly a splash 6 or so years ago. Whereas Joe Vitt was drug through the mud on a daily basis around here. He was the SR devil.

I think it’s time for a fresh start and to outsource.

Why? If it weren't for losing our starting QB and a never-ending string of injuries we make the playoffs. These coaches are proven and we've been drafting players that fit their scheme for years. A fresh start makes zero sense.

Well, if it's Sandusky, he arrived here with hardly a splash 6 or so years ago. Whereas Joe Vitt was drug through the mud on a daily basis around here. He was the SR devil.
I love Joe Vitt. He did an incredible job here. I’m glad his son is still with us.

As for the son with the unfortunate name, zero judgment of him based on his dads actions. I’m glad we gave him a shot. I’m sure he has a ton of football knowledge growing up around Paterno his whole life.

You guys must be talking about Joe Vitt, Jr. He was the scout responsible for finding Deonte Harris and pushing hard to sign him as an undrafted free-agent. Just say'n.
Nope. There's a guy on the staff whose name sticks out like a cold sore.

The Saints are the perfect example of how important the coaching staff is. Not that the head coach isn't important but in the Carolina game when the Saints were without a bunch of assistant coaches it looked like a trainwreck. When Coach Payton was out against Tampa the team rolled along without missing a beat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom