Saints stick it to the Vikings yet again . . . (1 Viewer)

Bridgewater was the best Value pick of the entire round.:shrug:

I think we did them a favor. Manziel will keep the Browns terrible for years to come.

Wahhh

They whine about everything. Bridgewater will be better anyways. Everybody thought Manziel would be in the top 10 to go, why didn't they pick him up at 9? Stop blaming the Saints for everything.

I think we did them a favor. Manziel will keep the Browns terrible for years to come.

Nah. With the Browns, they give QBs about a year and a half and then discard. They're good at ruining careers like that. It's a good thing Brees didn't get picked up by them.

Manziel had the best qb rating of any qb in the draft and averaged 68% completion rating the past two years which is outstanding.

He's also rushed for 30 TDs in that span.

He's also set quite a few records.

NCAA records and notes
FBS freshman record: rushing yards by a quarterback, season (1,410)[5]
FBS freshman record: total offense, season (5,116)[5]
10th-most single-season total offensive yards in NCAA FBS history.[69]
Most games with 300 or more passing yards and 100+ rushing yards, career (4)[5]
FBS record: First freshman (and fifth player ever) in FBS history with 3,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards, season[5]
FBS record: Rushing yards by a quarterback in a bowl game (229 yards)[5]
Only the fourth player to have 20 passing TDs and 20 rushing TDs, season[5]
Eclipsed the 7,000-yard barrier in total offense in his 19th career game, which is the fastest in NCAA FBS history by a four-year player.[70]
Second freshman in FBS history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000 yards[5]
First freshman to win the Heisman Trophy[5]
First freshman to win the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award[5]
First freshman to win the Manning Award[5]
SEC records and notes
Most yards total offense in a game (576, breaking Archie Manning's 1969 record of 540 yards)[71]
The first three places on the SEC total offense in a game
576 yards
562 yards against No. 1 Alabama
557 yards two weeks before the 576 yards
Most yards total offense, season (5,116, breaking Cam Newton's 2010 record in two fewer games)
2nd-most yards total offense, season (4,873)
Most yards total offense, game average (383.3, breaking Tim Couch's 1998 record, of 377.4 yards)
Highest yards per play average (50 plays minimum), game (10.71, against Arkansas on September 29, 2012, breaking Steve Tanneyhill's record of 10.0 yards)
First SEC quarterback to pass for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in one season
Second-most passing yards in a SEC single season, 4,114 passing yards[69]
Tied for third-most passing touchdowns in an SEC single season, 37 touchdowns[69]
Tied for second most rushing touchdowns in a Single Season[69]
Tied for 8th most scoring in a single season[69]
8th most passing yards in a single season[69]

Johnny Manziel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They don't call him Johnny Football for nothing.

My only knock on Manziel is his deep balls look terrible at times but he can be very accurate across the middle and he keeps plays alive like Russell Wilson. The only other question is will he get hurt too often like Vick because of running the ball.

I think that selecting a do-it-all at QB is a fresh approach at drafting a passer where attempts to fix their situation with pocket passers has failed.

Well, based on the comments, seems the Vikings fans are happy we screwed them.

Best comment:

Wow I'm a huge fan of the Saints now. Thank God he's in Cleveland and not Minnesota

Couldn't they have taken him at 9? Anyway seemed like we did them a favor, Bridgewater may be the vikings answer.

For Manziel's sake, I hope that Browns' line doesn't make him Archie Manning 2.0

What is the state of the Browns' OL, anyway?

That's a bit of a stretch, even for crying Viqueen's fans...

Sounds like someone is still butt hurt....

The Vikings also Knocked the Saints out of the Playoffs twice before 2010.:idunno:

That has to be the whiniest little ***** fan base in the country.

At least Cowboys fans have some testosterone.

Also, I think it's kind of funny that the Vikings fans hate the Saints soooooo much, and yet for the most part, if you ask a Saints fan his opinion of them, it's meh.

Whine whine whine. If the Saints hadn't gotten Cooks, the Eagles would have taken him and refused to deal the pick. You have to think the reason they made the trade down was because we grabbed their guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom