Saints still have "slight" chance of wild card berth (1 Viewer)

Of course this is presumed under the notion that the Saints will get some key players back. With the Falcons, 49ers and Vikings losing today there is a chance.
Slight? There are a bunch of teams with 7 losses

Most know we have to bolster the talent on this roster in the best way we can, much needed talent and much needed middle depth in the event starters go down. Nothing wrong with wanting the best draft pick possible to do so.

Just the same, there is nothing wrong with cheering for your team until they are eliminated. Just different mindset and no reason for bickering. It's not like we are in charge of the team tanking come on people, SP will have them fighting just like he did last week

Would you really want to make the playoffs just to get bounced in the first round and wind up with the 14th pick in the draft instead of a top ten pick ?
Doesn't matter if we want it or not, the players and the coaches wants to win, they're not going to tank on purpose for a better draft pick

Doesn't matter if we want it or not, the players and the coaches wants to win, they're not going to tank on purpose for a better draft pick
Thank you. It's really kind of humorous. Reminds me when posters warn other posters not to overlook an opponent or be overconfident as if we are suiting up on Sunday

Thatā€™s a weak take. You fight all out until elimination or you donā€™t show up to work
I would love nothing more than make playoffs.

I just know, moments after loss, this board would be awash in blaming (insert coach or player here) and unbearable for a few days. When we really had no business being in playoffs with all the injuries and bad fortune.

i don't want us making the playoffs. It will make the lost must more painful. Im stress free knowing this season is a lost.

"And even the Saints, I guess.. in a manner of speaking.. would be in the hunt."

-Al Michaels

Hearing Al Michael's tone for that was.... boy, tough to listen to. Not mad at him, it's a stretch of the imagination.

del-griffith-oh-sure-sure.gif

"And even the Saints, I guess.. in a manner of speaking.. would be in the hunt."

-Al Michaels

Hearing Al Michael's tone for that was.... boy, tough to listen to. Not mad at him, it's a stretch of the imagination.
I'm going to assume this was said during the game tonight (I cut it off after a Bridgewater INT), but even without hearing it in person, I've heard Al Michaels enough over the years to read that quote and totally hear him saying that in a rather dismissive tone šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Outside of 2005, I'm going to assume that every Haslett/Payton season has involved being technically alive for a playoff spot in early December. In any one of those non-playoff seasons, I would have been thrilled to see the Saints make the playoffs.....because either Brooks or Brees would have been pulling the trigger. I just can't manufacture that same excitement for our current quarterback room.

-Al Michaels

Again he is "assuming" they stay status quo roster wise or they don't improve any. You just don't know so it's just ridiculous to rule them out until they are mathematically eliminated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom