Saints talk on Mike and Mike (1 Viewer)

cki3915

Reaction score
Greeny just asked Golic to rank the Bears, Falcons, Giants, Saints, and Seahawks 1 through 5 in the NFC. Golic said:

1. Bears
2. Giants
3. Saints
4. Falcons
5. Seahawks

Greeny asked is he would move the Seahawks past the Saints when Hassleback and Alexander return to health, and he said no. Golic named Carolina as the 6th team in the NFC but openly admitted he was doing that just to hold true to his preseason Super Bowl pick.

In a related matter, Greeny gave John Clayton the same teams (minus Atlanta) and asked him who was the best team in the NFC. Clayton talked about the Bears, Giants, and Seahawks and never mentioned the Saints one way or the other. I got the impression from his comments and omissions that John Clayton doesn't accept the premis of the Saints even being in the discussion

who cares what he thinks
masterofdisguisearticle.jpg

Bull Butter! Golic just last week had given up on the Saints after our loss. Now, he's giving us respect again? It took one game...one loss for him to jump off....one win to jump back on.
I like Golic but, I don't respect his opinion anymore.

The question is really a set-up for today's ESPN.com NFL page poll - who is the best team in the NFC?

The Saints are getting a little love right now... But if you vote, and then mouse over the states to review the results.... about 30 people in Alaska think the Saints are the team to beat!!!!

Think about it - how cool is that!

All the love for the Giants = makes no sense. You beat the Falcons (we beat them worse) then you barely beat the bucs and barely beat the texans, yet all I hear on ESPN and the radio are how great the Giants are and how the Giants are the class of the NFC.

The question is really a set-up for today's ESPN.com NFL page poll - who is the best team in the NFC?

The Saints are getting a little love right now... But if you vote, and then mouse over the states to review the results.... about 30 people in Alaska think the Saints are the team to beat!!!!

Think about it - how cool is that!

Looks like the Saints are going to take Louisiana and Mississippi. How many electoral votes is that? :hihi:

All the love for the Giants = makes no sense. You beat the Falcons (we beat them worse) then you barely beat the bucs and barely beat the texans, yet all I hear on ESPN and the radio are how great the Giants are and how the Giants are the class of the NFC.

New York=much bigger listening audience than New Orleans. Don't forget that ESPN is a BUSINESS first and foremost, and you can bet that what they say/slant that they take will have some slight agenda behind it. That's why I can't understand why so many people on this board get so upset because someone who a)is pushing an agenda, b)knowledge of the Saints consists of what they watch on the NFL Blitz, and c)always tend to favor their former team, never states the Saints are the best team that ever lived. Guys and girls, it's week eight, not week eighteen. If the Saints kick butt in week eighteen, we'll start hearing the accolades.

I don't really know why it's a surprise that Clayton doesn't want to acknowledge us. He predicted that we'd hit a 5 game losing streak beginning with the Eagles game. So far we're 2-1.

We'll all get a chance to see if we're better than the Giants when we play them. As of right now I won't speculate. We're 6-2 and that's all I care about.

John Clayton only has a job because he is from Seattle, is a hawks fan and the ESPN needed a west coast representative. Heard of east coast bias-this is the opposite. MMMkay.

How can you guys says that all ESPN talks about is the Giants? Not sure what you guys are watching but I think we are getting alot of coverage by the cable and network guys. Also, if you are thinking you will actually agree with all of the opinions (yes that is all they are - opinions) then who is being silly?

I still don't understand the love for the Giants. What have they really done this year. They were crushed by Seattle and should have been crushed by the Eagles if it wasn't for that total collapse by the Eagles in the 4th quarter. Then this past Sunday they just squeak by the Texans. The Giants are a good team but everyone seems to have them as their Super Bowl pick in the NFC.

All of this will probably be moot at season's end - I do notice that the Saints do not discuss (not openly at least) any of what the talking heads and sock puppets have to say - neither the good nor the bad.

Bull Butter! Golic just last week had given up on the Saints after our loss. Now, he's giving us respect again? It took one game...one loss for him to jump off....one win to jump back on.
I like Golic but, I don't respect his opinion anymore.

Well, to be fair, Golic thought we'd right the ship and beat the Bucs. It was Greenberg who gave up after one game and said "They were a nice story, but it comes to an end now."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom