Saints Saints Talk Podcast (Nick Underhill speculation about Kamara)... (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
The Saints Talk Podcast had Nick Underhill back on the pod for the last episode, and he had an interesting take on Alvin Kamara.
Underhill spoke about AK’s body language and actions thus far this season, and while it is only speculation at this point, I did find it interesting and somewhat alarming. He mentioned how he has watched AK’s body language and behavior on the sideline, and how last game he noticed AK standing by himself on the sideline, 15 yards away from any other player; isolating himself. He mentioned some other examples of Kamara being very short with reporters and appearing to “phone in” or give up on plays before they finish. They also talked about how important the relationship between AK and Ingram was, and how Ingram helped AK enjoy the game and have fun.
Alvin Kamara has not scored a TD since Week 3 of the season, and his usage has been somewhat inconsistent since he returned from the ankle/knee issues.
Does AK appear unhappy to anyone else? Is he preparing for a hold-out after the season? Are he and CSP at odds?
Could he try to force his way out of N.O. and make the Saints trade him?

This isn’t something I was really thinking about, but I do value Nick Underhill’s opinion, and he’s usually pretty well tuned in with his takes.

I hope it's speculation but RB is the most undervalued position in football. I do think what Zeke did will be trend for elite RBs

I hate Ingram's agent more than Roger Goodell right now seeing how much fun he's having in Baltimore and the relationship he's got with Lamar Jackson which is what he had with AK.

He'll be fine here though. He's a pro and we're the team that drafted him, put him in the position to be OPOY and deep into the playoffs every year since he's been here.

I don't know about how he feels, but I can say without question that he isn't the same guy on the field this year. At some times his effort is so low, I think they should put Washington in because the guy at least plays with some fire. Maybe that's injuries nagging at him, I don't know. I just know that the octane in this offense, despite CGM's other wordly production, is Kamara making it dynamic. If Kamara doesn't flip the switch or get healthy, the offense just wont click like it should and we will be playing games where we need a team to miss a FG here and there.

Well that is up to the coach to rectify it. We are here to win games and it doesn't really matter who does it. From my perspective the coach play calling has been questionable at times too. So it falls on the coach too. Totally disagree with people here who truly undervalue Ingram presence. Although Murray is a good back, he doesn't have that presence that Ingram gives. So losing Ingram was a big deal. However what's done is done. It is up to Kamara to show everyone that he can be his own guy. He can be sad or discouraged all he wants, but this team is trying to win a Super Bowl. He is with it or not. The team will continue to move on.

I think people read too much into things. I mean just the other game I saw Kamara sitting with Payton and talking for awhile. There might be other things going on in his life. Players are human after all. I’m sure he misses Ingram, I think most everyone does. His personality snd energy were great for the team. But personnel on teams are always in flux. Fan favorites or beloved players leave all the time. Kamara also seems to be friends with Lattimore and Thomas amongst others.

Kamara has always been a bit enigmatic and trying to play armchair psychiatrist isn’t just unfair to him but also it’s not going to be successful.

I called this on Sunday

He ran very well in the second half last Sunday, looking like he was not hampered by injury. Carolina was just very good at anticipating his carries, and often tackled him in the backfield before he could get started.

The Saints Talk Podcast had Nick Underhill back on the pod for the last episode, and he had an interesting take on Alvin Kamara.
Underhill spoke about AK’s body language and actions thus far this season, and while it is only speculation at this point, I did find it interesting and somewhat alarming. He mentioned how he has watched AK’s body language and behavior on the sideline, and how last game he noticed AK standing by himself on the sideline, 15 yards away from any other player; isolating himself. He mentioned some other examples of Kamara being very short with reporters and appearing to “phone in” or give up on plays before they finish. They also talked about how important the relationship between AK and Ingram was, and how Ingram helped AK enjoy the game and have fun.
Alvin Kamara has not scored a TD since Week 3 of the season, and his usage has been somewhat inconsistent since he returned from the ankle/knee issues.
Does AK appear unhappy to anyone else? Is he preparing for a hold-out after the season? Are he and CSP at odds?

This isn’t something I was really thinking about, but I do value Nick Underhill’s opinion, and he’s usually pretty well tuned in with his takes.

interesting observation I’ve heard/read a couple times but the end game is what I question. Unless he’s traded to Baltimore, how isanything solved by him leaving? Why is he mad at the Saints? Maybe because he blames the Saints for not resigning Ingram? It the truth of that matter came out and the Saints tried to resign Ingram.

to me, interesting theory but injuries seem to be a bit more obvious explination.

This may not be a popular take, but if he is allowing his feelings toward Ingram taking a contact somewhere else (business) to affect his performance on the field or if he is giving less effort during the season because he wants to get paid more, then he is not a Sean Payton and Saints-type player IMO. Doing that ON the field during the season just hurts yourself and your teammates. If there is something to resolve, do it before the first game of the season. I like the way Mike Thomas handled his contract situation and how he continues to play now even post huge contract.

Personally, I think Nick's speculation is wrong. I think Alvin is hurt and wants to contribute more to his team and that's his body language. As far as "giving up" on plays, we all wanted him to protect himself more from hits after his rookie season, i.e. run out of bounds sometimes to avoid hits, stop leaping players, stop the megaleap into the crowd at the Dome. I think the "giving up on plays" as it has been characterized here, is just AK being a smarter player and wanting to have a career beyond his rookie contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom