Saints Saints Talk Podcast (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
The Saints Talk Podcast has gone straight downhill since Nick Underhill left town, but I still have it on my subscribe list for the time being... Anyhow, on the latest episode, the 2 guys talk about the other teams in the NFC South, and then wrap up the episode comparing each unit from each team to the Saints’ unit... and then giving their opinion on which unit is better. *Keep in mind that one of the hosts named Max Unger as the Falcons starting Center, and they just rolled with it.*

They had the Saints as having the best OL, QB, RB, and DB groups in the Division... However, they had the Saints as having the bottom ranked/rated WR corps and LB corps in the Division.
The WRs, as a group is hard to argue with, although CGM is good enough to lift the entire group, and TE and RB (AK41) were not considered in the comparisons.
LB though is more debatable. The Saints have had bad LBs for so long, that I think folks are underrating what they currently have.
——————————————————————————

Getting back to the podcast itself... Since Underhill left the show, it’s just 2 guys talking Saints. They have nowhere near the knowledge Underhill brought to the table, and the entire flow of the episodes is choppy and inconsistent.

I also listen to the BS & Beer Podcast. This is a very solid podcast, and I enjoy it 90% of the time. This offseason though, they seem to have given the lead to Tomas(sp?). He is somewhat of a blowhard and loudmouth, and I’m not a fan of his in the lead role. He also spouts off quite a bit about different things that he really doesn’t know what he’s talking about. For example, he consistently talks about how Cam Newton will not play this upcoming season and how hurt he is... Meanwhile, you can go watch video and read stories from “reputable” news outlets that state Newton is ahead of schedule and already throwing and will be full-go for next season. That’s just one example, but he consistently pops-off and talks out of his backside. The show will return to form once Dave takes back over.

The Dome Patrol Podcast is another pod I subscribe to, and it’s similar to BS & Beer, only with NSFW language. They even have their own version of Tomas in a guy named Damon, but he’s not as clever and much more vulgar than his BS & Beer counterpart. Still, I generally enjoy this podcast, but I can’t listen when the kids are around. It’s not quite as good as BS and Beer (*with Dave at the lead), but it’s worth a listen.

Who Dat Confessional is led by Rev Deuce, and that guy knows the game and has great insights. I’m not a fan of his co-host, as he doesn’t add much to the discussions and the sound quality from his end is usually not up to the level of Rev. This pod is worth subscribing to for Deuce alone though, and I recommend it.

There’s another one I listen to occasionally, called All Saints Considered. The episodes are typically shorter (20-30 min), but the content is relatively solid... especially if you’re bored and just want to hear some Saints talk.

Are there any Saints-focused podcasts out there that I’m missing and that are worth a listen? I’m not interested in just a NFL podcast... I couldn’t care less about other teams or the league. I’m also not interested in hearing about the Pelicans or LSU... just the Saints. -Thanks

Agree that’s it’s not as strong
But disagree with your knowledge assessment - Kevin Washington knows his stuff (as much as nick, if not more)
I think the Ian guy is ok, just doesn’t communicate super well

The problem is both of those guys fill out the ‘side kick’ role
Neither has strong host skills

But also remember the first iteration of nick’s pod was hella underwhelming

And I think you misheard about Unger
They were saying Atl has their version of Unger

Agree that’s it’s not as strong
But disagree with your knowledge assessment - Kevin Washington knows his stuff (as much as nick, if not more)
I think the Ian guy is ok, just doesn’t communicate super well

The problem is both of those guys fill out the ‘side kick’ role
Neither has strong host skills

But also remember the first iteration of nick’s pod was hella underwhelming

And I think you misheard about Unger
They were saying Atl has their version of Unger

Agreed, I appreciate Washington's opinion. He seems on top of things. Ian has some weird takes but I don't mind a second person coming from left field. To put it this way, I would be disappointed if they stopped doing the podcast.

Regarding that show, I wasn't too against their takes:
I wish they could have put the linebackers higher but there are some good LBs in our division. It may have bee the lowest in the division but I don't think it means it's bad. Especially considering what we've dealt with in the past.
I understand WR to an extent. I think Ginn gets overlooked. He may fall off this year due to age but I think last years injury makes him more forgotten. We have plenty of potential also, I could see a swing in opinion after this year.

Some other podcasts:
Saints Happy Hour - They can be clickbaity with their headlines. I think Andrew Judge is knowledgable though. Can have some quality issues (connection issues, etc)
Fox 8 Overtime - I've just started listening to this one. Don't feel like they are the most knowledgable but it's something to listen to.
The Busted Coverage - I forget the guy's name, he has some knowledgable takes but can be over the top sometimes. It can be entertaining with the 3 going back and forth. Not the best quality (background noise, etc)
I'll also look around WWL's recorded radio shows. I like to hear what Deuce and Strief have to say.

I don't miss an episode of Who Dat Confessional w Duece. Good stuff without a lot of fluff.

I miss Nick Underhill's podcast. He had that beat reporter insight, and good judgment. I stopped listening when he left.

BS&Beer - too much fluff. Their takes on the Saints are quality, but they spend a lot of time on non-Saints, and discussing each other's personalities. I get more for my time out of Who Dat Confessional.

Dome Patrol - too much cursing for my taste.

Who Dat Dish. It's OK, but they lost me when one of their hosts said that he finally made a trip to NOLA, and had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. If you don't have any more sense than to eat at Hard Rock in NOLA, I'm not listening to anything else you have to say.

Bayou Blitz - I have not listed to this one yet, but I am going to check out their rookie special they just dropped.

Bayou Blitz is somewhat boring and slow moving. Whodat Confessional is imo the best of the bunch. Deuce and EJW play well off each other and both have in-depth knowledge of the game. I also like the WWL radio show podcast, especially when they have interviews with Coach Payton or one of the players.

I also listen to the BS & Beer Podcast. This is a very solid podcast, and I enjoy it 90% of the time. This offseason though, they seem to have given the lead to Tomas(sp?). He is somewhat of a blowhard and loudmouth, and I’m not a fan of his in the lead role. He also spouts off quite a bit about different things that he really doesn’t know what he’s talking about. For example, he consistently talks about how Cam Newton will not play this upcoming season and how hurt he is... Meanwhile, you can go watch video and read stories from “reputable” news outlets that state Newton is ahead of schedule and already throwing and will be full-go for next season. That’s just one example, but he consistently pops-off and talks out of his backside. The show will return to form once Dave takes back over.

I’ll take it bro! ??

I appreciate the comments... we got picked up again on the radio and we’ll get back to our regular format, I’ve just gone thru some big life changes and I just haven’t been focused on the show... especially in the offseason, for a hobby, I just don’t feel like “creating” something to talk about so this offseason we emphasizes the “BS” in BS and Beer Saints Talk... ??

As far as Tomas, he’s our Skip Bayless, he is a blow hard but that’s his thing and he keeps the pot stirred... ??

As far as these other podcasts, I listen to all of these shows myself. I love the Dome Patrol, they crack me up, it was the 1st podcast I EVER listened to. I’m not a fan of all the foul language on any of these PCs but I enjoy it...

Deuce and EW are really good!

Judge is very good and takes Happy Hour to another level... the show is entertaining although I could do without all the bad language.

I also listen to the Show that might be called “busted coverage” I can’t remember their names off the top of my head but they’re and interesting listen.

I have several others I listen to but these are my go to listens that I personally enjoy the most.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom