Saints@Tampa Bay (1 Viewer)

26.Deuce.26

Very Banned
Reaction score
Ok so does anyone plan on making it to the Tampa game? What does every Saints fan HAVE to check out/try in that fine Florida city.

Me and the GF will prolly go. Direct flights from NOLA are fairly cheap and the stadium is very close to the airport with plenty of hotels. Will probably fly in the day before and come back the night after the game.

Hoping to make it with a group of 5 people. Never been so would love to make the trip.

Still up in the air, but I have a group of 8-10 from the West Palm/Miami area that are going to try to attend. It's still in the planning stages though.

As far as what to do/eat/etc in that fine FL. city, I got nothing. I've been to TB before for the game, but stayed with the family of a friend that is a Bucs fan. We went together and just hung out at their house all weekend then came home after the game.

Last year we had a blast! There was a big tailgate Saints party going on (before and after) in the parking lot across from the stadium on Himes. My guess is it will be so again this year.

As far as what to do, it depends on what you want to do. If you just want to hang out, there's Channelside (restaurants, shops, Splitsville bowling, movie theatre, bars) and there's Ybor City (similar to Bourbon Street). There's a trolley that runs from Channelside to Ybor. You can check these out on the web.

If you go to Centro Ybor, be sure to check out the "Blue Dog Bistro", formally the "Rock n Sports" grill. The owner is from New Orleans, so it is the main Saints bar in Tampa (even offers NOLA style food)...It's alot of fun! My brother and I watch all the big games there. It's close to the Improv comedy club, too, which is awesome when there is a good comedian in town.

http://www.tampabay360.com/Restaurants/Rock-N-SportsBarAndGrille.html

47178_122885041096603_121343647917409_143282_2849241_n.jpg

We went last year for my birthday and decided to try and make it a yearly trip we had so much fun :9:

Tickets went back down and flights are cheap, always tons of Saints fans and the Bucs fans are really nice for the most part. RJS is amazing as well, especially if you can afford plaza tickets!

where is everyone gonna sit?Where is the best place to sit around other saints fans while still having a good view?

where is everyone gonna sit?Where is the best place to sit around other saints fans while still having a good view?

No tickets yet, hoping the Bucs come out losing and the tickets go down another 10 bucks or so per.

Visitor side, 100's section though. Too cheap not to and the plaza level at RJS is SO nice!

section 137 row a.
ive been the past couple years and my friend nic throws that tailgate earlier mentioned. hes got a wedding on the east coast the night before so he may be late with the speakers and trailer. any help getting and holding down the same spot would be greatly appreciated.
as far as things to do, if you are willing to spend a bit of $,bern's steakhouse is one of the nicest restaurants ive ever been to.they have the largest wine list of any restaurant in the world and i highly reccomend it. i made reservations for saturday night and there were only a couple spots left.
and theres also busch gardens and st pete is a nice city too.

The Voo Krewe will be there. Greatest place for an away game. This will be the 5th time to Tampa.

Who Dat!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom