Saints TE coach Dan Campbell is favorite for Lions HC job (1 Viewer)

Send weird to be getting hired when the team you're still employed by is still in the playoffs.

I like the hire if they make it. I think he’s been overlooked. He was a pretty good interim head coach with Miami. He has been assistant head coach for one of the best NFL franchises for 4 years. And he has history as a player in Detroit.

The other one that’s always overlooked...Pete Carmichael. I can’t believe he’s never had an interview.

The bummer with them leaking Campbell as their top prospect is the news caused Todd Boles to cancel his interview with them.

I was hoping he’d be distracted and dreaming of a head coaching gig and do a bad job calling the Bucs defense Sunday.

Dan Campbell gone...
Jeff Ireland likely gone....
Terry Fontenot gone...
Dennis Allen could be gone....
Drew Brees gone....
90,000,000 over the cap....

Not going to be a cool offseason boys.

Ireland isnt going anywhere. Saints making sure of that

I don't like the hiring if true. he's not an offensive or defensive coach, what is his philosophy?
Tough guy coach. Almost like another Mike Tomlin. We're not missing anything to be honest. I wish him the best though.

Dan Campbell gone...
Jeff Ireland likely gone....
Terry Fontenot gone...
Dennis Allen could be gone....
Drew Brees gone....
90,000,000 over the cap....

Not going to be a cool offseason boys.

Lol i can tell youre a reaching for the sunshine kind of guy 😂

if Dan did get the job, good luck to him!! Wish him all the best - he earned it! Winning in Detroit gonna be tough me thinks.

Do we get a comp pick for this or is this only apply for GMs?
Im not sure you know who Dan Campbell is.

He is one of the slew of Lunch-Pail-TEs we had in the early Brees days, and the second TE Campbell of that era. However, he didnt play for us in 2009 due to a career ending injury in training camp. He has been grooming as a coach ever since.

I wish him the best,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom