FA Saints Team Needs on the eve of official FA. (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Brees and Onyemata are back in the fold, and Taysom is tendered.
Klein is gone to Buffalo... so a need at LB is very real.
No word on Peat and the other Saints FAs, just some rumbling about Bell and Carolina.

Saints biggest needs as I see them right now:

LB
Guard
WR
DB (SS or Slot CB)

The FA window is almost closed as far as impact LBs go. Really only Schobert is left of the high-end guys... then it’s on to mid and lower tier guys.

Guards are even more scarce than LBs, but bringing back Peat is starting to look like a very real possibility (and maybe the best option)

WR has been relatively quiet outside of the two big trades and the Cowgirls overpaying Cooper. Saints’ patience could pay off here *

DB has options... They could still re-sign Bell, and that would allow CJGJ to stay in Slot role. If Bell leaves, then they could move CJGJ into the SS spot and address Slot CB... or sign a vet SS like Clinton-Dix.

I'd love to see them sign one of these players at each position.

WR
Emmanuel Sanders
Breshad Perriman

EDGE
Everson Griffen
Cameron Wake

Slot CB
Chris Harris Jr
Logan Ryan
Mackensie Alexander
Brian Poole

SS
Malcolm Jenkins
Adrian Phillips

Last edited:
We wanted Collins, so having been priced out of that signing, it will be interesting to see if we have fall back FAs at the position and whether they are (perceived) lower tier players. We should all know from the DD signing that the shiny FA names signed in week 1 aren't always the biggest contributors.

I feel Easton was signed a year early with an eye to being ready to replace Peat and/or step in at C if the rookie couldn't go. As such, I think Warford will be the focus in terms of finding an upgrade, but the FA market will be thin.

We have develop from within candidates at OG and LB but will do a mix of drafting and signing to bolster there.

The glut of draftee WR is probably slowing the FA market, as teams emphasise acquiring the scarcer positions like the lines and QBs. There may be a lot of post-draft action at WR as a result, so patience is a virtue here.

I'd love to see them sign one of these pkayers at each position.

WR
Emmanuel Sanders
Breshad Perriman

EDGE
DE Everson Griffen
DE Cameron Wake

Slot CB
Chris Harris Jr
Logan Ryan
Mackensie Alexander
Brian Poole

SS
Malcolm Jenkins
Adrian Phillips
Anybody on your list that isn't a member of AARP?

The re-structures for P-Rob and Kiko give me hope that they’re clearing space for a signing(s).

I want Perriman and DeVondre Campbell.

I’ve seen a bunch of people knock Campbell as being a 2-down LB that sucks in coverage, but I really don’t think that’s accurate. Campbell is very athletic, and I think he’s at least as good in coverage as Kleiner is/was, and I’d bet dollars-to-donuts that Campbell is better. I’ve seen him mark AK41 1:1 and do well.

The ones that are are barely under 30 and the other few
i know nothing about lol. Perriman is intriguing but I can't shake thinking this past year was a fluke. If it wasn't then he's worth a gander for sure.

Mackensie Alexander: 27
Breshad Perriman: 27
Adrian Phillips: 28
Brian Poole: 28
Logan Ryan: 29

How have you never heard of these guys? Adrian Phillips was First Team All-Pro. You're not going to find many free agents under 25.

Hopefully the Saints look at adding LB depth and these are some names that could help:

Nigel Bradham
DeVondre Campbell
Tahir Whitehead
Nick Vigil

These guys might be worth a look as fliers:
Jatavis Brown
Darron Lee

Greg Van Roten is a FA available for the IOL need. He’s coming off of a toe injury, but when healthy, he’s a quality OG.

A veteran 3rd QB is also a need. I know that CSP liked Mike Glennon in the past... and he’s relatively solid

Easton is our LG
We definitely need a couple WRs
We need safety depth if Von leaves. What about Hampton?
We can use another TE
We need a young CB

Easton is our LG
We definitely need a couple WRs
We need safety depth if Von leaves. What about Hampton?
We can use another TE
We need a young CB

TBH, Easton should not have lost his starting role when Peat returned late last season. Easton was playing well, and he was much more consistent on a play-to-play basis than Peat. He is also a better pass protector than Peat.
Saquan Hampton is a FS, but he has potential.
JT Gray is a better player than he gets credit for.

Hopefully the Saints look at adding LB depth and these are some names that could help:

Nigel Bradham
DeVondre Campbell
Tahir Whitehead
Nick Vigil

These guys might be worth a look as fliers:
Jatavis Brown
Darron Lee

Devon Kennnard is now available....another solid option at LB

Greg Van Roten is a FA available for the IOL need. He’s coming off of a toe injury, but when healthy, he’s a quality OG.

A veteran 3rd QB is also a need. I know that CSP liked Mike Glennon in the past... and he’s relatively solid
I was thinking about Glennon just this morning. He basically got the 'Bridgewater level' deal when he went to Chicago and then they drafted Trubiscuit of course. Hopefully Bridge doesn't suffer the same fate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom