Saints the leader for Asante Samuels? (1 Viewer)

Wow, teams were more successful throwing at Jason David than they were throwing to 'hole in zone'. That's worse than I thought. That means that it wasn't just the big long gains that killed him. It also explains why he was so vulnerable to a little short fake. He was getting burned short, also.

Even the best cover 2 corner in the league isn't worth that much dough PROVIDED we spend said dough on other needs (safety, DT, LB) But hell if we're not going to spend the money elsewhere, might as well overpay Samuel

Jason David will improve. Of that there's little doubt. It was his first year in Man and there is LOTS of room to improve. Can he become a viable #1? I doubt it but I really do think he may have a shot at being a decent #2.....a shot I said.

Usama Young I have a lot of hope for. #1 this year? No. Maybe a #2 though.

Now Mike McKenzie. My favorite Saints player. I had his jersey custom made when we traded for him (its a #43) and I really hope he heals well. But the odds of him coming back to the level he was playing before the injury are unlikely and it wouldn't be until late in the season, making him a possible good #2 now.

Florence, Gay....they strike me as #2s.

I think the #10 pick, Samuel, Lito, or Hall (though far fetched) are our best options at a true #1. FA is looking slim and we have a lot of holes to fill. Though he's expensive, Samuel is the only good #1 option that doesn't cause us to give up a draft pick to get.

Along with topping Freddy T productive season the yr before(sarcasm) Jason David is 5'8"
doesn't that kind of speak for itself?

I think the #10 pick, Samuel, Lito, or Hall (though far fetched) are our best options at a true #1. FA is looking slim and we have a lot of holes to fill. Though he's expensive, Samuel is the only good #1 option that doesn't cause us to give up a draft pick to get.

Exactly, we can still grab bargain guys like Vilma and use a lot of our picks for the front 7.

Along with topping Freddy T productive season the yr before(sarcasm) Jason David is 5'8"
doesn't that kind of speak for itself?

It doesn't matter. We've already paid him. He'll get his shot in camp. If he wins the starting job more power to him. I hope he turns it around.

Jason David will be the comeback player of the year for the Saints.

A few off-seasons ago, Jay Bellamy was bashed to no end on this board. He deserved most of it from his play the season prior. The following season we were forced to play him due to an preseason injury to the Mel Mitchell. Bellamy had a monster year. It could happen for Jason David. Improved pass rush and safety play could help him get out of our doghouse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom