Saints Theme Model Rocket (1 Viewer)

joyrida12

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I decided that both my kids were finally old enough to enjoy one of my old childhood hobbies of launching model rockets (I also want them to learn to enjoy science and math at a young age :9:). Seeing as they are still to young to actually design and build the rocket itself(3 minute attention spans lol), I thought it would be a neat idea to make a saints themed rocket. After a quick trip to hobby lobby and a few hours of work, I ended up with this beauty. Just thought I would share it with everyone to see what yall thought of it. I also need a name for it so feel free to throw out some suggestions.

Who Dat!

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Me too, I never really got to build the bigger ones like this when I was younger so I figured what the heck. I actually got the idea after watching that show "Rocket City Rednecks", an awesome show thats like a mix between junkyard wars and blue collar comedy tour lol.

Nice job. Is it a Goodell-erator? NOLA vengeance weapon? I've heard of the V1 and V2, could this be the XLIV?

So I decided that both my kids were finally old enough to enjoy one of my old childhood hobbies of launching model rockets (I also want them to learn to enjoy science and math at a young age :9:). Seeing as they are still to young to actually design and build the rocket itself(3 minute attention spans lol), I thought it would be a neat idea to make a saints themed rocket. After a quick trip to hobby lobby and a few hours of work, I ended up with this beauty. Just thought I would share it with everyone to see what yall thought of it. I also need a name for it so feel free to throw out some suggestions.

Who Dat!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiize!

(Boy, does that bring back memories! A few of us as kids (late 60s/early 70s ) were into making some rockets!

One of the best ever rocket launches was when we had a malfunction: only 1 of the 4 engines on the Saturn V rocket went off and it was the slowest, smokiest launch ever - it went about 10 ft high, lumbered motionless for a second or two then fell back to earth.)

I hope you stick with it and your kids learn the fun of getting out and seeing their creations SWOOSH off into the wild blue yonder!

Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom