Saints' Tim Hightower upset with implication made during FOX game broadcast (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Full Story - NOLA.com

New Orleans Saints running back Tim Hightower received a handful of calls from friends and family Sunday after the loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The people wanted to alert Hightower to something said during the FOX broadcast in the second quarter.

"We talk about guys running to prove something, running to win," analyst and former NFL linebacker Chris Spielman said. "There's another reason why guys run hard and run angry like Hightower, and that's incentives. Yards equal money. See, if he gets 78 yards today, that's another $75,000 in your pocket."

Hightower said he has "no beef" with Spielman over what was said and doesn't think it had malicious intent, but during a divisional game of huge importance, he didn't think it was appropriate to discuss details of his contract.

"In a division game, yards don't equal money," Hightower said Thursday. "Yards equal wins, yards equal a playoff spot, yards equal banners on this board that can't be taken away. To me, I'm not thinking about a monetary incentive in the middle of a game ... so I disagree with that."

By Josh Katzenstein, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Full Story - NOLA.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)