Saints to interview Brian Flores. (1 Viewer)

Regarding Flores, the reason supposedly he was released is that he did not play well with others. If this is true, Ireland surely can confirm, and Flores is not a serious candidate for an organization that prides itself on lack of organizational drama.
Yeah, not playing well with others is absolutely not something I want in a HC position.

I'll be honest, I like Flores a LOT. I think he'd be a great hire.

Yeah. I don't know if the issues with the front office of the Dolphins are true and for all I know, they are a bunch of arse hats and he should have been yelling at them.

But, I do know that it looks like he can really coach and build a team. I also really like his attacking defense. And, I happen to think he was right that Tua is not the guy to get the Dolphins to the next level. At this point, I think my top two choices would be Allen and Flores. But, I am intrigued by Kellen Moore because I really like the idea of a young innovative offensive mind.

Anyway, as I have said before, I think the floor for our HC is Dennis Allen. If he is the choice, I'm good with it as long as they interviewed all the other good candidates to see if they were better choices than Allen.

I like Flores! It’s either him or Pederson for my vote (which means nothing lol)

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
If you don't think violence against women has been a major issue and a red flag in the NFL, then you haven't been paying much attention to the NFL. And, there are mutiple articles out their talking about Bienemy's past and that it is a major reason why he has not gotten a HC job. I don't know if it's fair or not, and I think the Saints should interview him, but it's the reality of the situation.

And, just because star players get away with it, doesn't mean it's not a concern for the NFL and the teams. And having a player with issues in their past or who did things while they were your player, is different than hiring the face of your franchise who has issues with violence against women in their past.

As for Roethlisberger, I think he's a piece of sheet rapist who should be in jail and should have been kicked out of the NFL. But, they clearly have a different standard for star players. The NFL is nothing if not a bunch of hypocrites.
Violence against women, rape, sexual harassment, it doesn't matter. It's all horrible stuff. I don't think Bienemy's past has anything to do with him not getting a job. That's just me though.

• 1Like
Violence against women, rape, sexual harassment, it doesn't matter. It's all horrible stuff. I don't think Bienemy's past has anything to do with him not getting a job. That's just me though.
Imagine you are an owner who gives millions of dollars to local women’s and children’s charities.

I heard Underhill talking about Carmichael the other day. I always thought the fact that he really didn't get HC interviews and had never gotten a HC job indicated that people around the NFL thought that he wasn't really much of an OC or that he could be a good HC. I figured they thought that it was all Payton and Carmichael just carried the water for him and that Carmichael couldn't innovate or adjust the scheme on his own.

But, according to Underhill, Carmichael made a choice that the job he wanted was OC of the Saints because he wanted to be able to settle down in one place and not have to keep moving his family and he liked the job. I respect a guy like that and it gives me the feeling that he was a big part of the offense and the only reason he didn't get HC interviews is because he didn't want them.

That's encouraging in terms of what I would want to see then. Hope he stills feels that way if the future includes him here.

Of course everything depends on success, but I like the idea of the team not turning into a revolving door of offensive systems and coordinators.

I'm just telling you what several articles I have seen said. I don't know if it's true, but I can't think of another reason that he hasn't gotten a shot other than if he doesn't interview well.

Imagine you are an owner who gives millions of dollars to local women’s and children’s charities.
Yeah, completely understand, but I'm not though.

What's high morals?
A reason you use to justify not hiring someone. People don't know what the metric of evaluation should be. Is it on-the-field performance or ad hominem arguments about what they did 20 years ago off the field? Allen's performance as a head coach does not justify him being hired, him having a top-notch defense as a DC makes him a legit candidate. Flores coached up the Dolphins which makes him a legit candidate. Glenn's performance in Detroit does not justify an interview. Byron's experience as an OC for a Superbowl winning team and a forming starting QB, makes him a legit candidate. The same can be said about Eric. That said, I'll be surprised if they don't go with Allen.

• 1Like
According to that link, the 2 interview rule only applies to executive front office positions and coordinator jobs.

Keep reading.

"Openings for head coaches already fell under such requirements."

I'm just telling you what several articles I have seen said. I don't know if it's true, but I can't think of another reason that he hasn't gotten a shot other than if he doesn't interview well.

He's also in Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes shadows. It's the same situation Pete Carmichael has been in with Brees and Payton. I bet if we go back to having top 5 offenses with DA as HC and Pete as OC, Pete will get a job.

Keep reading.

"Openings for head coaches already fell under such requirements."

Yeah, I saw that after which is why I deleted my comment. My mistake. Anyway, if it was all about the Rooney rule, they would have just interviewed 2 black coaches and been done with it. As it stands, it looks like they are just bringing in all the top candidates to see who they like the best. Which is how it should be done.

A reason you use to justify not hiring someone. People don't know what the metric of evaluation should be. Is it on-the-field performance or ad hominem arguments about what they did 20 years ago off the field? Allen's performance as a head coach does not justify him being hired, him having a top-notch defense as a DC makes him a legit candidate. Flores coached up the Dolphins which makes him a legit candidate. Glenn's performance in Detroit does not justify an interview. Byron's experience as an OC for a Superbowl winning team and a forming starting QB, makes him a legit candidate. The same can be said about Eric. That said, I'll be surprised if they don't go with Allen.
I knew what it meant. I just wanted hear that posters definition of it in his own words.

Tax right off. If you believe people get to be billionaires by being people of integrity and honorable you live in la la land. That's not what capitalism is about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom