Saints to interview Brian Flores. (1 Viewer)

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not talking sides. What I would say though is when interviewing Flores, just be sure he clearly answers those questions about what happened between him and the front office.

What would carry more weight with me is if he's having issues with others in the coaching staff. That concerns me more than the front office stuff.
I don't know about coaches because if you feel they aren't doing their job as a coach your job is to discipline them or replace them. I do agree that we need more information on what happened behind the scenes. Some people are no-nonsense people who don't sugarcoat things. His performance as a coach does have to be acknowledged, though.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about coaches because if you feel they aren't doing their job as a coach your job is to discipline them or replace them. I do agree that we need more information on what happened behind the scenes. Some people are no-nonsense people who don't sugarcoat things. His performance as a coach does have to be acknowledged, though.
Agreed. I guess you have to wonder was it the 1-7 start or the the long win streak? It's such a mixed bag. Hard to tell what's what there.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In "those" people's defense, Lamar Jackson was horrible this season.
Do you think the Ravens are rethinking giving him an extension based on this year?

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not really. He's a good coach in my eye, I just know that Patriot Way mentality does not always translate.

Okay, but if you think he's the next Mike Tomlin then wouldn't that mean that you think that in his case it did translate?

Reaction score
If your wondering what all those neg reps are for its because you sound suspect right now. I don't care about color, gender, height, or shoe size. I want the best person for job who can make us forget this nightmare we are living right now.
I know its a pretty hot topic and people will read everything as they want to

I no way I disrespected the work those coaches do.

I do not care a single bit about color or heritage of any person in this world. The only thing that counts is their personality and what they are doing.

Still I believe that Allen is the best choice as he is familiar with our team culture, the way the Saints are built and working.

And this rule in my eyes doesn’t seem to account for equality for colored people. There shouldn’t be a need for a rule for this.
Every team should just hire the best guy (or girl) available! Period!

But I assume that it will still need a few more decades before humanity arrives at this stage of mind.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And this rule in my eyes doesn’t seem to account for equality for colored people.

Oh no you didn't.

Please tell me that English is not your first language and your use of that phrase is just your lack of knowledge of the use of that phrase in the United States.

Reaction score
Oh no you didn't.

Please tell me that English is not your first language and your use of that phrase is just your lack of knowledge of the use of that phrase in the United States.
Im german and trying my best to express my thoughts in your language.

If this is a specific phrase referring to something Iam not aware of, I apologize

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Im german and trying my best to express my thoughts in your language.

If this is a specific phrase referring to something Iam not aware of, I apologize

Fair enough. I thought that might be the case which is why I wanted you to explain. Just so you know, the phrase "colored people" was once used extensively in the U.S. but is now considered to be a pretty racist way to refer to people of color. The preferred usage now is either "black people", "people of color", or in some instances African American.

Edit: By the way, your English is amazingly good for someone that writes it as a second language. I couldn't tell that it wasn't your first language. I only suspected because your location was Germany.

Last edited:

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Seriously, none of those candidates is more capable of being our HC than our very own Dennis Allen.

And all of them seem to be black coaches, which just might relate to the Rooney rule…

Not sure if its just the usually procedure you have to go through before naming your own guy HC
Jesus this is just ridiculous and condescending.

So we've gone overboard with the Rooney Rule by interviewing a bunch of black candidates?

Mrs. B is not that person. Sorry.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, but if you think he's the next Mike Tomlin then wouldn't that mean that you think that in his case it did translate?
I think it did translate, I think the Dolphins front office did not like a man of color not backing down to them and standing firm in his beliefs so they got him out of there, but on the field that man of color lead other men of color to an 8-1 record down the stretch

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know its a pretty hot topic and people will read everything as they want to

I no way I disrespected the work those coaches do.

I do not care a single bit about color or heritage of any person in this world. The only thing that counts is their personality and what they are doing.

Still I believe that Allen is the best choice as he is familiar with our team culture, the way the Saints are built and working.

And this rule in my eyes doesn’t seem to account for equality for colored people. There shouldn’t be a need for a rule for this.
Every team should just hire the best guy (or girl) available! Period!

But I assume that it will still need a few more decades before humanity arrives at this stage of mind.
Or girl? You lost me there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines